CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

100 vehicles sheltering at the radio towers. Requesting National Guard helicopters to shuttle occupants out.

4 Likes

Richardson Springs Cam being impacted now
Richardson_Springs_Rd_1721875957_2373

7 Likes

I believe the IC just ordered 30 more strike teams any type

9 Likes

3 Likes

North Ops still trying to get a fill on some National Guard Helos for evacuations

5 Likes

I’m up here in Forest Ranch anyone have any updated mapping?

3 Likes

The Cohasset cam is showing a definite counter-rotating column

https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/1896

6 Likes

Taking some heat right now

2 Likes

@pyrogeography Zeke might ?

2 Likes

Richardson cam is down now

2 Likes

Looks like Richardson Springs cam is done, the clock seems to have stopped.

Anymore information on the evacuation from the radio towers?

2 Likes

Last I heard they said the road was not so badly impacted as they thought and might be going by ground, but that was a short while ago.

3 Likes

From Butte WX Potter on Facebook:

From a friend “They are going to get the people trapped at the radio towers on cohasset road and lead them through our logging area to HWY32” “SPI is on the way up…. We’ve unlocked all the gates and are going out to get them now. It’s about 15 miles through to 32 but, they’ll lead them out.” “Just let them know SPI is sending their loggers out to help evacuate people to Hwy 32”

14 Likes

Haven’t seen any mapping aircraft on scene yet, but I agree… if anybody has access to that info @pyrogeography does

3 Likes

1 Like

Kinda look like the column is rotating

2 Likes

Looking on satellite imagery there is very obvious fuels treatment and thinning on cohasset Rd starting at the antenna farms moving NE. Looks like this day has been planned for heading towards Campbellville… looks 400 ft wide treated for nearly 5 miles

7 Likes

Guard ships are inbound.

10 Likes

Perhaps a lesson learned from the Camp Fire ?

2 Likes

AA Took off the no divert on tankers

2 Likes