CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

My son was on the Dixie on a falling mod with dozers around and they got blocked off one day and ran out the next - several weeks into the incident! This thing will stop when IT wants to.

5 Likes

Live update given about 25 min ago…

4 Likes

Here is an afternoon update on the #ParkFire’s spread since last night:

7 Likes

Lost 2 Type 1 Air Tankers to the Crozier Fire.
That can’t help anything.

7 Likes

Here’s a corrected image from firms showing a firing operation along highway 36 down to 172 on both flanks. See my earlier post of the caltopo image.

3 Likes

Please don’t use the words “lost” and “tanker/s” in the same sentence. It freaks some of us out. Maybe say “reassigned” or “sent”? Thank you - my spider senses have calmed down now……

31 Likes

Oh, the updated map shows firing ops on 36 and the slopover on 172.

3 Likes

Thank you for update

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sorry I frightened you.
Glad you got the meaning of the sentence

5 Likes

The Inskip camera is watching something north of 36, is this a spot or a new start? Anybody have any information?

ALERTCalifornia - Inskip Hill 1

3 Likes

Looks like it’s in or next to the black. You can see retardant and black just left of the smoke

2 Likes

On the playback I saw a helicopter make a drop on it.

2 Likes

There’s been periodic smoke on that cam for days. It’s within the containment lines and shouldn’t be a concern

2 Likes

A shot of the fire from Sentinel-2 yesterday. Zeke posted the SWIR on his YT vid this morning so it won’t be news to many of you but the fire severity has obviously been very high the last few days. Would have posted more images but I’m new and it won’t let me:

15 Likes

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article290848619.html

3 Likes

3 Likes

Of course the Sac Bee picks up this article… Never once was the BEE or the scientist concerned in the media when countless numbers of ground troops were hiking or flying into the ISHI wilderness on repeated “Deer”, “Mill”, “Antelope” incidents.

Fun fact, if you wonder why it’s called the ISHI wilderness… Do some quick research, it may blow your mind on a cultural and human level. Last man standing has an entirely different meaning.

23 Likes

Ishi the last Yahi is an incredible history lesson. Learn it.

15 Likes

Leave any arrowheads. If they were prayed over for war, you may bring bad intentions home with you. Plus it’s just culturally respectful.

10 Likes