CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

I think I saw something like that on the Brady Bunch.

5 Likes

However you get your information.

3 Likes

Any news on the what the fires doing right now

3 Likes

Via Watch Duty an hour ago: The fire is 426,528 acres, per Cal Fire. It remains 34% contained.

3 Likes

Today’s IR shows that it crossed 172 and Mill Creek north of Mill Creek Resort and headed east into the 2020(?) Stump Fire. It looks like they did a bunch of firing to back it off the mtn there toward Childs Meadows and Highland Resort.

8 Likes

From a friend in Mineral just now:

“It’s. Burned. Top. Of. Morgan. Summit. Just. Came from. There. But. It. Was. Mostly. A. Ground. Fire. Not. Much. Damage. It’s. Still. Burning. But. Crews. Are. There. Looks. Pretty. Good”

9 Likes

Was that a telegram?

32 Likes

:slight_smile: Nope, but for some reason on every text there is a period after.every.single. word…
Never asked why, but at least he knows how to text. A lot of guys his generation don’t.

15 Likes

I got his point fine.

7 Likes

One more tidbit of info sent early this AM from a friend on the fire.:

The bridge is out, as of yesterday at 4pm, half of it had burned and it was still on fire.

I believe it did cross 36 at Morgan Summit and it is trying to go North. But they pounded it with slurry and dozers yesterday.

7 Likes

TO CLARIFY BURNING BRIDGE!
The bridge is a wooden one at Blackrock campground which is in Lassen NF on Mill Creek right on the edge of the Ishi Wilderness.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/lassen/recarea/?recid=11253

7 Likes

If you hit the space key twice after a word it inserts a period and capitalizes the next word.

5 Likes

Does anyone have a working link to the Park Incident Virtual Press Briefing August 8, 2024? The link that has been available in the past now goes to a screen that says “Video unavailable, This video is private”

1 Like

This one works for me: Redirecting...

5 Likes

Thanks, that one worked. Wonder why their locking up their Press Briefings?

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll bet that is what he is doing! I will let him know. I personally wrestle with the voice feature and have learned the hard way to check and edit b4 sending…

2 Likes

Can you expound on your point? What is your criticism exactly? Genuine question, not troll

1 Like

I think we may have the same friend

2 Likes

Then we are both very fortunate for sure!

3 Likes

Had a call from a well-regarded dude who has been on the Tehama side of the fire around Mill Creek for past 2 weeks or so. He had a lot to say about the fire, and I hope I did it justice with the discussion in tonight’s Lookout Livestream.
https://www.youtube.com/live/mH1blhf1Tm0?si=3ZgztVj6vrMsxHG7&t=615

20 Likes