CA-BTU-THOMPSON ?

AA 3600 acres

4 Likes

https://www.kcra.com/nowcast#

1 Like
2 Likes

From Zeke Lunder ……

Mapping of the #ThompsonFire, near Oroville Dam, at 5:20pm, 7/2/2024. Data source: FIRIS.
Fire is approaching Kelly Ridge, and has made a major push to the east in past hour. Very likely to burn hundreds of structures in next couple hours

7 Likes

Watching the Bloomer 2 Cam a couple times you can see what looks like it is punching through an inversion and then drops back down….

2 Likes

I sure hope not :disappointed:

2 Likes

From Watch Duty :

Radio traffic indicates there is now a 3 to 5 acre spot fire across Almond Ave/Dr and that structures on Hillcrest Ave will be impacted .

3 Likes

Planes look to be working an area across the dam towards Potters Ravine ? Has the fire moved towards going up the feather river canyon?

1 Like

CAL FIRE IMT 6 activated for Thompson

11 Likes

Pumpkin time for the fixed wing is 20:09 looks like they’ll get 1 more drop from a VLAT and that will be it

3 Likes

Sunset is 2039. It’s just now cutoff but since they have already flying the they can go till sunset unless times have changed. :airplane:

4 Likes

Will they have any of the night flying helicopters to help them overnight?

2 Likes

Looks like the wind may be shifting to a more northerly direction in the last 30 mins from the rattlesnake cam

South Oroville is showing it starting to shift
https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/1694

2 Likes

Yes, I really hope I’m wrong, too. It was looking extremely dire there for awhile on the webcams. Winds have died down here in Chico in the past 30 minutes. There’s really terrible compliance with defensible space regs in Kelly Ridge, they’ll need all the help they can get if fire gets established in the neighborhoods.

FIRIS perimeter from 17:20, 6/24/24.
While shift to north wind is good news for Kelly Ridge, it is bad news for the southern flank, as it could push the fire south into much heavier population. I’m not local enough to know how strong the night downcanyon winds are at the Dam, but the entire Feather River Watershed (3,000 square miles, largest in the Sierra) drains right to the fire’s location, diurnals could bring some really strong north winds late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Feather River Watershed

9 Likes

Out of North or Towards North? This is good then! Keep it out of Kelly Ridge and into the lake

4 Likes

Wind is suppose to shift to from the northeast as the evening progresses .

5 Likes

From the north pushing south. Winds look like they have calmed down some also

3 Likes

NWS is forecasting this for Oroville tonight.

Clear, with a low around 77. West northwest wind around 6 mph becoming east northeast in the evening.

3 Likes

Heading to the fire on a type 1 - can anyone assist with radio frequencies that are being used on this fire? We have no intel as of yet and we’re an hour out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

4 Likes

Structure Group has been Tac-9

5 Likes