CA-CNF-Valley 2020

3 Likes

Fire defiantly crossed Lyons Valley and is rockin east, Hopefully they evaced Barrett Honor Camp, spoke to a friend and he said AA said it should reach Barrett Lake within the hour. Let’s hope the old Horse Fire scar slows it if it pushed north around the lake and pray it doesn’t get over the lake and into Hauser Canyon !!!

4 Likes

That is Hauser canyon on right side correct? Looks like its headed there with a purpose

Tanker 944 just made a drop on the Valley Fire

Yes yes it is !!! Like I said hope it doesn’t spot across the Barrett Lake to the east !!!

So much heavy brush in that area. With it spotting and Santa Anna’s predicted the next couple days…I feel she’s gonna run.
Your ole friend…Lug Nutz :crazy_face::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m trying to orient myself with what I am looking at on lbcrankin’s screen shot. So is that view from Lyons Peak looking east? Would those be homes near Honey Springs Rd. down below and to the right and Hauser Canyon further east beyond the ridge?

yes that is the stationary camera on lyons looking east. The homes you see looking east are on Lyons Valley rd east of 4 corners, the canyon east of there where you can see the lake is Hauser Canyon

1 Like

Calfire twitter account in last few minutes puts is at 5350 acres and still DROS. Lots of video of it crossing Lyons Valley Rd in spots.

1 Like

Well it looks like it spotted across Barrett lake on the North side, lots of room out there !!!

3 Likes

LOTS of room. Nothing but a few dirt roads out there until it gets to buckman springs

Light to moderate ash fall, 1/4" to 3/4" inch size, in the west Bonita Valley.

1 Like

Lake Morena Village then Buckman and if it spots south of the lake you got Potrero to deal with

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I was trying to read the topo and if it continues east, I expect evacs at Lake Morena. If it jogs NE, it would go towards Los Pinos Mtn and Buckman Springs.

2 Likes

Yeah and then Santa Ana conditions in a couple days, could get messy

1 Like

Ash on cars in pacific beach 20 miles away.

2 Likes

Smoke-MissionValley

A friend just texted me this picture of the sky in Mission Valley.

Looked at all the cameras this am, hardly anything. Wow what a blow up. Friends out there be safe!

2 Likes

San Miguel South, to give idea of the smoke to the west of fire.

3 Likes

Smoke-OtayMesaBrownField

Smoke looking northwest from Otay Mesa at/near Brown Field.