CA-CZU-Lightning??

Scanner link:

3 Likes

Radar imagery has been suggesting pretty intense burning for past 2-3 hours on the fire’s eastern flank, with the highest reflectivities I’ve seen since earlier this week. This may be a “tilted plume” kind of situation, now that the N/NW winds have come up a bit, and the fire cam snapshots broadly support that at the moment.

3 Likes

New evac order for LaHonda in San Mateo county.

1 Like

That fire gets into Bear Creek drainage all sorts of new problems are gonna start.

2 Likes

They just issued evacuation orders for everything west of Hwy 17, from the summit all the way down through Scotts Valley. Also the UCSC Campus.

Per AA, fog intruding into the incident. All fixed wing done for the night.

1 Like

Per AA. Big Run into Scotts Valley, multiple homes lost and threatened, before departing.

Have not heard that…you sure Scotts Valley ? There is zero local dispatches to Scotts Valley…think you might have misunderstood

2 Likes

I want to say I’m 99% percent sure AA said Scotts valley

2 Likes

Did hear him mention Boulder creek push but I did miss the first part of his report. Like I said though, there is zero dispatches for that area…

From CAFireScanner: “Reports of multiple structures on fire in the E Hilton Dr area around the Boulder Creek golf course. AA140 was overhead doing recon, reported heavy structure loss + a marine layer w/ ceiling of 1000ft inbound to the fire area.”

3 Likes

I heard the same thing on command. Air attack stated “ it’s making a hard push into Boulder Creek”. Nothing was said about Scott Valley.

2 Likes

Latest local media release regarding evacuations:

1 Like

Where can I find an IAP?

3 Likes

Anyone have a link for IR thermal mapping of this incident?

I had the same question. Several links up above. Bear in mind all satellite maps have long delays, so not as accurate for decision making. I just learned that today after being glued to them. 🤦🏻

1 Like

The NIROPS folder for the incident has a note that says ‘CZU August Lightning Complex IR is UTF for 8/21/20 . Stated reason: Duty Day Restrictions - Time’

Can anyone link IAP for 8/21-8/22 op period?

1 Like