CA-GNP-Pierce Point 2020???

Any info on a new fire in Marin

1 Like

On the northern end of the peninsula across from Nicks Cove. Chico AA210 and T93 made the trip over. Looks like 89 is about to join the party.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-BarnabeWest&v=518dd6b

http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-PoleMt&v=518dd6b

1 Like

Couple of acres backing against the wind off of Pierce Pt area. Tough access, but little threat

This is a FED Fire (Point Reyes National Sea Shore) The Park Service contracts IA to Marin County Fire

Should be a Nps engine or 2 staffed for the season and marin has the Dpa

I believe the closest NPS engine is in the Headlands at Rodeo Beach

1 Like

There are no NPS engines in Marin. All were signed over to Marin County Fire. Better put, they still exist. Just staffed by MCFD.

1 Like

Ah ok, that is new to me I just read the article from 2018. Good to know thank you

Thats a shame. Back when GOGA (GNP) was up and running in the 90’s, Presidio Fire and the Parkies were a pretty good group of dedicated responders. That was truely the only all risk 24 hour component that the NPS had at the time…paramedics on type 1s, advanced ems LEO rangers, lifeguards, type 6 engines, cliff rescues, zodiac boats, etc.
Unfortunately, the folks that knew how to run the place moved on and the presidio private sector people just handed the keys over to SFFD and Marin.

1 Like

Unless something changed for 2020. There is a fed type 3 based out of Fort Cronkite. And its a DOI must cover station.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for the updated info.

In addition to the Type 3 at Fort Cronkite there’s also one stationed at Bear Valley in Pt Reyes. It’s a pretty new looking rig and I believe it’s a based on a Cal Fire Model 34. I’ve seen it parked a couple times at the MCFD fire house in Pt. Reyes Station (usually at dinner time lol)

My understanding is the one at Cronkite is just parked in the old station there but is staffed by personnel as far away as the Presidio (there are no rangers actually based at Cronkite) But the one at Bear Valley is actively staff by the many rangers that work out of that NPS facility

And it did in fact respond to the Pierce Point Fire: it’s listed as “E1130” on this list of assets that responded

Yes. It responds as 1130 staffed by Marin County Fire.

1 Like

E 1130 is the Redwood Natl Park Type 3. Not assigned to Pt Reyes.

Not sure why 1130 says “RNP” but it is most definitely 100% stationed in Pt Reyes and according to an article quoted above is staff by seasonal crews for MCFD

If “RNP” stand for Redwood National Park maybe it was transferred to Pt Reyes but not renamed yet

1 Like

It’s been that way since it was first stationed there. No idea why.

If you look in the Firescope list of agency designators RNP is the designator for National Park Service Point Reyes.

3 Likes

That about settles that. Gotta love references…

5 Likes

Thanks for that!!!