CA-KNF-Tenant??

Punching out a new vehicle fire hwy 97 cross of Tenant Road. Unknown if it’s in the veg or not.

Looking at the map, about 15-18 miles from the Lava incident. Will be the Tenant Incident.

1 Like

That’s a ways away from Weed Contingency, if it’s into the veg. sounds like it’s near the railroad tracks.

Mile up on Tenant Road. Spread into the veg 1 acre brush and timber. No other hazards.

3 Likes

3 acres MROS, AA reported column building from 20 miles out and ordered 2 additional AT and 1t2 copter with crew.

3 Likes

AA-503 reporting a building column from this fire, requesting 2 additional tankers for a total of 4 and an additional copter. T-94 and T-95 en-route from Redding. Potential for an extended attack, last report was 3 acres of Timber. The fire is already showing a heat signature on satellite. This is not going to help the situation there.

4 Likes

AA503 at scene. 50 acres, potential for an extended incident.

4 Likes

Wonder what the Orr Mtn lookout is seeing - it should be staffed today.

Does this have the potential to merge with Lava?

Possible but not probable. It is 18 miles away. They may make it a branch of the Lava, depending on jurisdiction. But that’s a long ways to join together.

2 Likes

When I first read the report that put it at Tenant Road (when this was still being regarded as part of the Lava Fire)-- I knew that was way too far away to be a spotfire. Awful timing to have two wildfires now burning in close proximity to each other. Certain to cause conflicting resource commitments.

4 Likes

You can seen the Tenant Fire’s heat signature burst to life a fair distance away from the existing Lava Fire’s heat signature Animation

9 Likes

Ok I see thank you.

2 Likes

see IA thread

The Lava and Tenant Fire could very well end up merging like the Telegraph and Mescal Fires did in Arizona earlier this month. Those two fires became so massive that, despite being miles and miles apart, they STILL managed to merge. I’m kind of expecting that to happen here at this point.

4 Likes

When viewed from the Mt Bradley 1 camera; the smoke extension is now mixing with the Lava. The East flank of the Lava is taking a line which would intersect the path of the Tenant, based solely on the smoke extension as there are no cameras in the area of the Tenant.
Mt Bradley 1

4 Likes

How close is it to the macdoel cal fire station?

1 Like

Is the Juniper Bates Motel burning down going to be credited as a commercial structure destroyed, or what?

1 Like

Just based upon the picture, at most 5 miles.

Is the question because of the length of time the hotel has been abandoned, dilapidated, falling down? I wonder at what point the damage assessment people consider a structure no longer fits in a viable category and is more considered refuse.

2 Likes