CA-KNP-Complex???

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like their divisions are set counterclockwise. I’m sure there’s a reason for the deviation…

2 Likes

XSN 2378 Charlie responding to the KNP complex, SRS SON CLV SCY LKV PTL

2 Likes

Anyone have a link to an incident action plan that isn’t password-protected

1 Like

Here’s todays ops map, IAP is still pw protected.

1 Like

The park uses groups In fire protection plan, compared to divisions or branches, ie work areas

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: ICS and How it’s Being Applied

As a local (Fed) firefighter as well as someone who lives on the other side of the dozer line, I thank you for the good work y’all have been doing out there in the intensely nasty terrain of Branch III.

16 Likes

Any idea when cabin owners up mineral king road will be allowed to shut cabins up for winter?

Why would the 204 indicate the DIVS home agency after his name, but not for any other positions on the 204.?

1 Like

Interesting IAP. Never seen one like that. It is not NWCG or NIMS compliant. Not to mention, since when is it ok to not list the comms on a 204.

Yes, I know easy to throw stones, but it is a Type 1 incident.

4 Likes

Let’s pray there still there to close up

1 Like

Yes, very limited water supply. Silver City Resort cancelled one of their special events (prior to the mandatory evacuation) for last Saturday partly because of the serious lack of water. Silver City has a community water well as well as relying on a source from the little creek, both of which are suffering greatly from the drought.
At the onset of the Paradise fire, I had a concern if the fireline crested the ridge top to the south that rolling material could get some momentum on that south facing slope and easily roll out below MK Rd. This year I did the buying/delivering for the Silver City Resort shopping list on Wednesdays and picked up the SysCo order in 3Rs on Thursdays. Made 26 round trips on that road…even had my own names for several of the curves.
With a spot below the MK Rd., at the moment, looks like a bleak outcome is possible.

5 Likes

I have heard that TCFD has pulled out of structure protection in the Mineral King group. Additionally, division C will not be engaging the slop over along Mineral King Rd. Apparently, they will only engage with aircraft.

Any truth to these statements? Ops chief briefly spoke of this in his public update this morning. I can’t imagine they would just give up on that containment line as well as defending those communities.

Any info is welcomed.

2 Likes

A Strike Team of Charlie’s went in this morning to evaluate the slop at Slap Jack Creek- as of the noon hour they hadn’t made a decision whether to engage or not.

1 Like

Mineral King and Faculty Flat webcams that snap a still picture occasionally. Says there on solar charged batteries. Seem current pictures are being taken and long as the voltage remains high enough from charging. With the smoke overlay… may not last long.
http://www.mk-webcam.net/

5 Likes

Yeah…it usually doesn’t.

2 Likes

My son was up the mk road yesterday putting down retardent from a truck. Said the slop was taken care of. So hopefully nothing more happens off the road.

10 Likes

Late night drop It’s dark here in SV

7:15 PM

5 Likes

XTU T/F 5148 headed to Hartland Christian Camp

3 Likes

Some trippy images from buck rock.
http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-BuckRock1&v=fd40742

Screenshot_20211002-010740-913

5 Likes