1 Like

Trying to find LA County scanner channel or Ventura for mutial aid

1 Like

Done deal at 7 acres.

4 Likes

Scott, you can find lac and lfd here:

for Ventura:

1 Like

I had eyes on this one, it’s not far from the house. VNC was not called for Mutual Aid, LACo fire supplied at least one camp crew out of Camp 16. Freqs used were LAFD 10 & 18, VFIRE 21 as well for the County guys. Air assets used 119.975

2 Likes

Might be the worst IA thread start ever. To start an IA thread there must be more info. Porter Ranch and winds?? Gonna be a long fire season with posts like this with zero info.

8 Likes

It was my first thread start ever- was just asking if anyone had anything on it, and didn’t realize there are prerequisites. My apologies. It’s going to be a long season, but not because of this thread start.

6 Likes

No it’s all good, just do that in the questions section of the site! It definitely can be tough starting threads on here with specific information needed! If it’s an event, anything at all…someone will start an IA on the fire…a lot of dialed folks on this site! Maybe even start a thread asking how to start a thread haha! Hope it was a great weekend for all!

4 Likes

do not feel bad about that. it I’m sure it was intended as a positive post for further info. I also am not great in posting and by the time I get info, someone else post it far better than me. please do not hesitate in further posting…as this season really gets going… as it will soon…all posts will be appreciated…can always use correction to update post. hang in there it is going to be a wild ride this season

6 Likes

Did you notice this was the first time this person had posted? That might be a contributing factor.

2 Likes

Mr. Clayton,
I do believe he responded in a courteous way. we all have a thing or two to learn, but in order to learn we must take constructive direction. we all need to take it and build upon it. as I stated before this is going to be a long hard season and it, to me, would best to take things as positive light as we can. hope you have a safe and fun season

3 Likes

Who ever started the thread good job. I’ve been in the business in California for 34 years. This site is not a dispatch center. Its information. Some good some not so good. Give it your best try and thays all. I’ve been involved in 34 fire seasons and every year since 1987 everyone says " its going to be the worst ever" . So here is the statement of the day. " Same Circus, different Clowns "

8 Likes

Mod Note
1.) The OP was a new person, so let’s please remember that not everyone is perfect with their 1st post. It takes time to understand everything and the preferred methods.
2.) It is way too early in what is undoubtably be a very long season to be debating a person’s thread. Let’s please be respectful of people and their input.
3.) If you have concerns with a thread or a post, bring it up to the Mods, we will address it and help the individual if there is a need to do so.
4.) Most importantly, welcome to the forum @vwilson86, glad to have you here and hope you will find this informative and worth your time. If you have questions or need help with something, please reach out to the mod team @moderators.

19 Likes