CA-LMU-Goodrich??

AA spotted this near Westwood while enroute to relief AA for NOD-Eagle. Reported 1/2 acre midslope with potential to make it to the top. “better start a Type 2 copter and 2 tankers for this”

Sounds like NW midslope of Goodrich Mountain, just outside Westwood. Google Map

I don’t think I’ll have many updates on this one, only what I get over LNF Fire Net.

2 Likes

Inskip Peak in TGU just spotted this top grey column of smoke coming over the ridge in the haze. That’s some amazing eyes she has.

89 degrees at 50 miles is spot on to Goodrich Mtn. :slight_smile:

Tgu sent full wildland response holding at 1 acre. 1 tanker is load and hold at Redding and will be releasing other tanker shortly, per airtack.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure if we got lucky with this TGU start in the exact line as Inskip’s smoke shot, or her distance out was skewed due to the haze. She called it “probably 50 miles out” and that put it right over Goodrich Mtn. The TGU start is 86 degrees at 12 miles. Either way, good eyes and good find to catch the TGU start fast.

As of 1330, looks like this one is wrapped up. Copter 510 back on Chester, fixed wing left quite a while ago. Good early find from the fly over! And Inskip’s lookout shot that was beeline to this caught an early start on the TGU as well. Strong work!

Edit - C510.

1 Like

506 or 510?

1 Like