CA-LNF-Parade??

Lassen Forest working a new start in the bottom of the Deer Creek drainage on the back of Cold Springs. Good smoke from Red Bluff with a decent north wind on it. C205 overhead. In bottom of the drainage on the south side. Working up resources orders, rotor and fixed, possible jumpers as well.

http://norcalscan.live live scanner will have line of sight for LNF-Fire (on priority) and AG-43

That’d be named after Devil’s Parade Ground.
Gnarly country.

https://goo.gl/maps/GUeBCiXb5P52

It will be on State DPA if it comes out of the Canyon moving East. State DPA is brown on this map.

1 Like

Getting the last 9 jumpers out of Redding, and it’s going to be a lot of crew shuttling via copter. Still on south side of the creek. Not sure on size up yet for an IA and missed the lat/lon. Definitely an LNF incident for now. Good water source in the creek but the T2 copters will be crew shuttling first for a while. SEATS out of Chester, and 2 addl Type1 tankers requested.

Closest ground access will be Hwy32 to the 260G, to H line to Cold Springs Hill. And that’s still a huge hike.

Nasty country and a place you don’t want to fight fire in. Anything with the devil in its name is either hot or steep and nasty this place is the latter. You have the Devils Kitchen, Devils Den, and Devils Parade ground all in succession, keep small boys.

1 Like

I’m hearing twice now saying “keep it west of Cold Springs Hill” and now “do you see Cold Springs Hill, just east of the fire”

If this thing is in the west side of Cold Springs Hill, it puts this in Devils Kitchen area. Still trying to pin this thing down. Keeping an eye on the aircraft orbits…

Updating my pin to Bear Creek, down in the bottom, based on aircraft and jumper/AA references. I think they’re referencing the entire ridge above Cold Springs Hill as Cold Springs Hill

So this is a Hand Crew and Copter show?
So we won’t hear “what are the requests for T 3 engines in ROSS?”
Thx

2 Likes

SPI has done a ton of fuel break thinning along the H-line, at the top of the Ridge since about 1999.

1 Like