CA-LNU-Hennessey

On the positive side, Atlas Peak fuels are significantly lighter than the Mt. Vaca area due to the Atlas Fire 2017. That should help reduce the impact to the communications infrastructure and hopefully the cameras as well.

4 Likes

Ops Map for today:

1 Like

Anyone have a link or copy of the IAP or fire weather for today?

1 Like

https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!CALFIRE/!2020_Incidents/

1 Like

Weather and cams around Lake Berryessa: http://www.rntl.net/lakeberryessa.htm

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Alert Wildfire Web Cams

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: LNU Complex 2020 North Zone

The Hennessey Fire has jumped I-80 at and the highway between Cherry Glen Rd and W. Texas St will be closed. It jumped north of Paradise Valley Golf Course. 80 acres.

5 Likes

PIO overview map. pretty big jump from yesterday

3 Likes

Looks like Walbridge merged with Stewart and Spanish with Hennessey - as expected.
Remarkable that Hennessey footprint.

1 Like

Also this note was included with IR in the read me attachment
"Sorry about the delay… That was a Huge change in acreage and took me all night… … Two point to notice… there was not enough heat in the areas of extimated heat to get an accurate perimeter. I suggest daytime intel to fix the perimeter if possible. Second point I was only able to create the perimeters, isolated heat outside of the perimeter a map and IR log. "

“Extimated” - that’s a new one for me.

4 Likes

Thursday 8/20 Ops Map

5 Likes

Here are the current fires with recent fire history (since 2014) in black.

10 Likes

Kudos to the folks who worked all night to get these massive changes for so many perimeters updated - Lots of people in the threat zone nervously awaiting to see fire progress. I’ll forgive the occasional typo, somebody give these folks a fresh cup of coffee and a donut!

13 Likes

And a nap!

6 Likes

Friday 8/21 Ops Maps - East Zone North and East Zone South

8 Likes

Am briefing says re-org of complex into West Zone (Walbridge/Myers) and East Zone which started as 8 different fires all now merged into the Hennessy. Current count is 194,942 acres for East Zone/Hennessey alone. Complex is now 219,067 acres altogether. Hennessy/East Zone keeping 3 Branches. Activity on South branch from Yolo/Solano county line all the way south and around to branch break has been slowing and the area is now in patrol mode. Fire is still active on the West and North sides and a firing op is planned on the East to tie the fire in to itself, completely around Lake Hennessey. They reported 4 civilian fatalities so far, 3 in Napa, 1 in Solano with no further details. On a side note… they stated 96% of all Cal Fire resources in the State are committed, and total 771,000 acres in the State have burned since 8/15.

5 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

This complex is now #2 on Ca list of largest fires in history at 302,000 acres. stay safe brothers and sisters. another round of thunderstorms are forecasted this weekend.

6 Likes