CA-LNU-Lightning Aug 2020

So far evacs are warnings only
North of Austin creek
West of mill creek
South of Skaggs
East of cedars

3 Likes

County of Sonoma just sent the following message to cell phones: Emergency Alert SonomaCo EVACUATION WARNING fire threat North Austin Creek Recreation Area"

Editorial: This is a bit odd that this alert appears to have gone out county wide and there is NO WAY this fire would reach Sonoma Valley (area where I am at) unless there were a dry hurricane off the coast blowing 100+ mile an hour winds due East. I have neighbors texting me asking if I am packing or if they should be concerned. This just adds a bit more anxiety to our County population after what everyone went through the last 3 years. (Sorry for the editorial)

2 Likes

Funny, I just returned to add ā€œwarningsā€ to the end. Busy day.

I believe itā€™s the 13-4 fire. Heard a resource order for 20 immediate need engines any type.

1 Like

Thanks! Not to much happening on the camsā€¦ maybe it is just skunking around at the moment

13-4? Heard it called Snell Fireā€¦?

Its showing on better on the mohrhardt camera.

1 Like

Yep itā€™s creating havoc for Santa Rosa FD and phone calls. They just sent out their own clarification:

ā€œThe Wireless Emergency Alert received by Santa Rosa residents is for a fire in West Sonoma County. It is NOT related to Austin Creek in Skyhawk and is NOT threatening the City of Santa Rosa. Go to www.SoCoEmergency.org for information from the County of Sonoma.ā€

1 Like

Image of the fire in the Austin Creek Recreation Area, West Sonoma County @ 13:10hrs from ALERTWildfire

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.10.54 PM

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-LNU-Hennessey Photos

There is a new fire which is now being called the Spanish Fire, reported this morning is 400-500 acres, Div November. DROS and will impact Berryessa Estates in the near future. Concerned with the potential of spotting across Putah Creek.

1 Like

Is this fire being worked by anything and is it even named yet?

I heard Austin IC on the radio. Iā€™m assuming that will be the name and it will be rolled into the complex next operational period.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard this is called the 13-4 fire. Trying to get more intel and scanner link

New start? Basing this on camera orientationā€¦

http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-BarnabeWest&v=81e002f

I believe the 13-4 is ready for its own IA Thread. Just heard 500 Acres and wasnā€™t able to get the evacs.

1 Like

My Tam cam is picking it up alsoā€¦

http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-TamWest&v=81e002f

1 Like

That would be MRN, Was dispatched not too long ago, dont have any info yet

Thanks for the info!!

Marin County is responding, ā€œdifficult accessā€. Initial report was at least two acres.