CA-LNU-Spring??

New start in the area of the Pawnee Fire burn area, being called the Spring Fire @ Pawnee Trail & New Long Valley Rd. 4 addl handcrews, 2 dozers, 2 copters & 2 water tenders requested, along w/ full vegetation response + aircraft.

The fire is reported to be 25 acres MROS with Potential for a few hundred acres. IC wants HelCo off the County Fire and what ever Copters they can spare.

1 Like

Units responding to the Spring Fire are reporting an additional Column building, they believe it to be an additional start separate from the Spring Fire.

Confirmed drift smoke, no fire

Confirmed only ONE fire, no fire on Walker ridge.
40 acres, AA thinks they can hold it under 100 acres.

Anybody have an exact location? If it’s burning in BLM and creeping into the MNF I’m thinking this has to be somewhere north of the lake and well removed from Spring Valley.

Started at Pawnee Trail and New Long Valley. Looks like just 2 streets to the west of where the Pawnee was stopped at Spring Valley Rd.

The fire is further up the Wolf Creek Drainage, where Spring Valley turns into Forest Service roads. I believe it is burning north, towards the Forest.
I think the section of Forest it is threatening or already into, is the one section that juts east towards Indian Valley Reservoir

1 Like

OK. Thanks, now what folder did I put the MNF map…

If you use google maps, you can see the forest boundary, or a rough estimate.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Indian+Valley+Reservoir/@39.126536,-122.6386927,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8083855f46cce047:0x89abed2c1895f357!8m2!3d39.1192096!4d-122.5401025

The Pawnee scar stopped just north of Spring Valley Rd and Quiet Trail. Those roads turn to dirt and go up into the Forest.

1 Like

Didn’t work

If you need a map, try here:

2 Likes

Anyone catch that resource order?