CA-LPF-Alisal

Fire history map shows it burning straight into the 2004 (edit) Gaviota? footprint. Given the winds at my house right now (I can see it from here) I’d say it’s probably ripe for a repeat.

Looks bounded on the east by the Sherpa and the Whitier (ah, memories of the Whitier) but has plenty of room to run west. The wind seems to be cheating just west of north right now.

3 Likes

1 Like

So oddly enough, not to hijack, but I logged in to EGP and checked and the fire history data is very different from CalTopo. I would have thought they would pull from the same data.

At any rate, I friend just drove through and said that flames are visible from the 101. Thought I heard one of the local hams say that it was either at or near the Refugio landfill, but that seems pretty far down. Guess we’ll just have to wait for the IR data.

1 Like

INTEL-24 turned back home due to weather. This is a good example for when the fire guard program is so good. The sensor is not as high spatial resolution as the aircraft but still pretty good.

4 Likes

Fire is hitting the 101. Call of center divide fire at Refugio

2 Likes

Mandatory evacs for El Capitan State Park and El Capitan Ranch Community.

2 Likes

AA reported pretty extreme fire activity about 20 minutes ago. The fire did impact US-101 and is also staring to move laterally. 101 is closed at Refugio.

2 Likes

El Capitan to Dos Pueblo’s Ranch Extension of Evacs.

1 Like

Big rig on fire in the middle of the fire area, dispatch inquiring further.

2 Likes

Semi truck is rolled over and on fire engines checking for victims.

3 Likes

Victim was with the CHP or sheriff going to hospital.

Correction victim transported by off duty fire fighter.

6 Likes

CHP CAD states that the patient was transported by an off duty firefighter in the FF’s vehicle, so hopefully that means minor injuries…

4 Likes

Last report was 3,000 acres.

8 Likes

11PM (2300) news KEYT is now reporting 3700 acres.

1 Like

Reported at 6,000 acres from news channels. Moving easterly, one out building burned.

4 Likes

Air Attack 07 over the fire now and requesting the lead plane out of Santa Maria.

4 Likes

Initiating a 1st alarm commercial structure response to the land fill, to include a Haz/Mat team, air/lighting unit, and to notify the Air Pollution Control District (APCD).

3 Likes

https://maps.nwcg.gov/sa/?fbclid=IwAR3qqaVJqwkwcBT-SpujQtw2ltSAUVp902m5JLzpJGHs91WeJUiEbA2yDyw#/%3F/%3F/34.5454/-120.0927/12

1 Like

Recent fire history.

8 Likes

San Luis County just toned out S/T 1471 Aplha (Paso City, Atascadero, SLO City, Five Cities, and Morro Bay)

3 Likes