CA-LPF-Willow??

The Gallery Fire merged with the Basin Fire to become the Basin Complex long before they got to the location where the Willow Fire is now burning. Basin Complex BAER maps show the Willow Creek drainage burned at mostly moderate to low intensity in that incident. The Willow Fire, so far, has been almost entirely confined to the Willow Creek drainage, which is the next drainage south of Tassajara Creek (the location of the hot springs and Zen Center). The big run yesterday afternoon was actually to the south, away from Tassajara, up the slopes on the south side of Willow Creek. Most of the heat picked up by the satellites overnight is on the south side of the fire. This is good news because further expansion in that direction is limited by the recent Dolan Fire scar.

9 Likes

Anyone have the comm plan today?

Awesome thanks for explaining that sir.

1 Like

LPF Admin
LPF F-Net T13
A/G-41
LPF Tac 3

2 Likes

Let the circles begin !!

4 Likes

Once they move off any IA freqs, aircraft should be on the following:

Air Tactics 166.6125
A/G 168.400
Rotor Victor 125.125 (also the TFR freq)

3 Likes

I wonder if they will bring in portable repeaters tone 13 is way on the coast I canā€™t pick it up here in Soledad

2 Likes

tone 13 is for the repeater input, you should be able to hear it no matter what you have it set to. make sure you have the correct receive PL, I can hear it in the salinas valley

edit, receive should be carrier. no PL
most command traffic is on LPF admin though

2 Likes

Any IAP out yet? I checked NIFC and nothing showing.

RIGHT IN BETWEEN!!

4 Likes

Itā€™s the only spot on the Monterey that hasnā€™t burnt since 2008, build the box and let it do its thing. As much as Iā€™m an old school guy, direct isnā€™t the way in the middle of the ventana

13 Likes

We spent $262 MILLION on the Soberanes Fire. Thatā€™s enough to do over 500,000 acres of prescribed fire. Thereā€™s gotta be a better way.

11 Likes

Not in that rugged terrain theirs also alot of places in the LPF arroyo seco area you canā€™t touch do to being protected.

1 Like

Air Attack requests the following:

1 VLAT, 1 LAT, 2 S2ā€™s

2 Likes

Another A/G freq ordered up yesterday, 167.950. Not sure if replacing the earlier or in addition to (it doesnā€™t seem that complex of an incident yet). I know teams have their particulars so maybe ordered with the team and set aside on the shelf for later.

4 Likes

Oes WT22 being dispatched from Vacaville Fire District.

2 Likes

Looks like a slight uptick in activity based on the cam view

1 Like