Resources:
Hazards:
Weather: 80 degrees, 20% RH, wind SW @ 5 mph, gusts to 15 mph
Radio channels:
Scanner link:
Webcam link: ALERTCalifornia - Tileset Editor
Agency Website:

All information per South Ops.

Per the cameras, activity looks to have increased some since sundown.

1 Like

Fire picked back up this afternoon and made some runs

1 Like

Making a good run at the firing ops.

https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/2347

1 Like

Are they firing? Looks like it’s picked up again

1 Like

2 Likes

https://hpwren.ucsd.edu/cameras/I/sjh-s-axis.html

3 Likes

Ran down the 73 freeway at lunch and took a quick phone image from the toll plaza in Newport Coast looking south, small header visible with majority of smoke blowing lightly offshore. Temp 75, RH 27%.

4 Likes

I thought it was firing but I think it just split around a section because there was good sized area of “green” that had fire on both sides.

3 Likes

From MCP…
The Canyon Fire remains contained within the Whiskey and Quebec Impact Areas. There is no threat to personnel or structures. CPFD will continue containment and control efforts throughout the day.

20% contained.
4,000 acres

5 Likes

FIRIS has mapped the fire at 5,788 acres about 10 minutes ago.

7 Likes

Dropped into the top of Talega/San Clemente last night to observe the fire, and a solid inversion developed by about 2130 influenced by slight humidity recovery. Pockets of fire were moderately active (interesting to see the micro climate influence fire behavior) but mostly just smoky conditions.

Interestingly, appears to be the largest wildfire by acres burned in the SoCal metro area this year (so far). Counting York Fire as outside the metro.

7 Likes

OC side was locked down Wednesday night, two OCFA tractors, El Cariso and MCP held the north side.

5 Likes