CA-MEU-Mendocino Complex (contained)

As of 1810 hrs

29-18-10-12

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-MEU-Mendocino Complex???

https://calfire.app.box.com/v/IMT2CurrentIncident

3 Likes

Western Lake County ordered evacuated.

1 Like

Our department just sent our reserve ambulance to Lake County as part of an immediate need request for ambulances to assist with evacuations of Lakeport and surrounding areas.

1 Like

Some dramatic footage of Hwy 20

3 Likes

Reports of reassigning units to Div “QQ” as they have lost HWY 175

1 Like

Request for three type 3 strike teams and “as many dozers as you can send me” to 175.

5 Likes

Where on 175?

2 Likes

OES 4805A from the XSA has been demobed from the Cranston and has been reassigned to the Mendocino…10 + hr overnight drive, should be there by briefing

3 Likes

“as many dozers as you can send me” is my favorite quote on this whole site.
“How many did you want, Chief?”
“All of them.”

8 Likes

30,500 acres 5% between the two fires

1 Like

Mods please clean thread.

1 Like

Clean, or maybe realign? Some Q&D crossover, but this is a Continuing Incident either way.

4 Likes

Slow demob and heavy LA area traffic

1 Like

River Fire 0710hrs Update from CALFIRE:

Acres Burned - Containment: 20,911 acres - 5% contained
Structures Threatened: 10,200
Structures Destroyed: 6 Residences and 1 Outbuilding
Evacuations:
7/30/18 AM - See the latest Mendocino Fact Sheet for more information, including evacuation orders and road closures.

See the latest evacuation orders and advisories at the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Facebook page.
Total Fire Personnel: 1,379
Total Fire Engines: 118
Total Fire Crews: 31
Total Helicopters: 6
Total Dozers: 37
Total Water Tenders: 22

1 Like

From news and notes (https://gacc.nifc.gov/oncc/news.php):

CA-MEU Mendocino Complex: 35,076 acres grass, brush, timber, 10% contained (comprised of both the River and Ranch incidents). CAL FIRE IMT-2 and USFS Mendocino National Forest (MNF) are managing this incident under unified command.

River Fire: 35,076 acres grass, oak woodland, 5% contained. Mandatory evauctions continue for all southern Lakeport areas south to Hwy 29. Continued road closures for portions of CA-175, CA-20 and CA-29. Six structures have been reported destroyed, as damage assessment continues. Threats remain to Lake County Jail, Sutter Lakeside Hospital and to the FAA radio communication link control tower.

Ranch Fire: 20, 911 acres oak woodland, brush 5% contained. Evacuations remain for the greater Potter Valley area to the Mendocino and Lake County Line.Threats to 115 kV powerlines.

1 Like

Progress of the River fire in relation to Lakeport. (First image post–I hope it works.)

9 Likes

Lake County SO at scene of a spotfire in Upper Lake, Dewell Rd cross of Rancheria Rd. No details yet.

1 Like

Can you post a link to the entire IAP RobVallejo?

1 Like