CA-MEU-Mendocino Complex???

Try the Ftp.nifc.gov website. you can download all the IAP’s and maps you want. You can even import the Maps into Avenza. It will update during the night and you can download the IAP and Map for your division onto your phone from bed. As long as the website is up and working.

1 Like

I don’t see today’s posted in the IAP folder yet.

https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!CALFIRE/2018_Incidents/CA-MEU-008674_Mendocino_Complex/

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fcalfire.app.box.com%2Fv%2Fcalfireimt2/view/312344786283

3 Likes

Thank you!

Sounds like they’re moving base camp starting tomorrow from Ukiah to the fairgrounds in Glenn county.

1 Like

Sounds like back too Colusa fairgrounds

1 Like

Ok, here the skinny. Mark Vontillow’s Type 1 Team is shadowing today. They will take the FED side of the fire tomorrow morning at 0700. CalFIRE is out of Ukiah and Stoneyford and making a base camp at Glenn County Fairgrounds. The Camp here at Stoneyford is going down when this Team basically timesout tomorrow morning. There will be about 4-6 of us Fed folks left in camp. Let it be know, WE WILL NOT LEAVE OUR FOLKS UNCARED FOR.
It’'l be fun…Comm Unit Leader??? What do you need sir, Supply items…stand by let me put that badge on…ok, go ahead. Can I order lunch, ice through you…stand by…(replace COML badge/SUPL badge with FUDL badge) SURE!
It’s what we use to do, we can do it again!

6 Likes

TIA for all the troops you help while they figure their shenanigans out.

1 Like

So, I don’t get it. Does this mean the fire is out on the USDA side? Or, they are turning it over to Calfire? Or, no further need for USDA resources ???

I think it is referring to the splitting of the fires the contained fire was a majority of a SRA fire and has been contained. whereas the other fire has moved in area and resource needs will be needed and served by an entire different base camp. Just my interpretation.

1 Like

I have a question in response to the moving of camp. Are you saying they will move the camp to Orland as that is where the Glenn County Fairgrounds are, which is further from the fire.

AS of this moment…YES. Most of the work is over on this side.

There is a need for both resources. This way above my pay grade of WHY ARE WE DOING THIS.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: GIS and INCIDENT MAPPING

No clue what you’re talking about mod 7. Please elaborate.

The fire is now zoned, east side and a west side. Calfire team gets east side and decided to move to Orland. I don’t know the reason for Orland, but ok. West side is Vontillow, he will stay in Ukiah. The announcement as to the reason to zone was to improve “accountability and coordination”. The fire remains in unified command with Vontillow and the Calfire guy as IC’s.

Because of the zone and the move by the Calfire team to Orland, a large camp in Stonyford is no longer needed, however I think a small spike could remain.

Hopefully no one felt abandoned. So I would like to hear more about this.

1 Like

Absolutely. I completely agree. I think it requires you to have data coverage though so I switch back and forth from GE and Avenza.

Cool Sentinel satellite imagery of firing ops on 8/23/2018.

5 Likes

Ok, what I meant is that the Feds are taking care of the Fed land and if it comes out into the State SRA, CalFIRE can take care of that portion. When I was at Stoneyford, we could get to the east side obviously much quicker than coming from Ukiah.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Futility and Fatality in Fighting the 2018 Mendocino Complex Fire