CA-MMU-French??

Sorry Sir , I hope the wind dies down!

3 Likes

Apartments on hospital road are being impacted by fire.

2 Likes

He posted above that he is on assignment and not home .

2 Likes

4 tankers 4 type one helios early up for tomorrow

2 Likes

Any heli’s working night?

2 Likes

How ironic. As we watch the fire threaten Mariposa, in the background of the live video feed we can see fireworks!

8 Likes

Requested night drop helicopter and HELCO

3 Likes

Must be Bass Lake’s

3 Likes

Spoting around the hospital, can see it taking off

2 Likes

Fire jumped Smith road multiple structures involved. Couldn’t hear the cross.

3 Likes

I have not heard any further resource orders. Has anyone else? Spotting ahead, losing lots of homes on camera view, and DROS

1 Like

There are some very good fire managers and firefighters in MMU and Im sure they are all involved right now. I am sure there are lots of resources on the road and orders in the pipeline for this thing. Lets keep these folks in our minds tonight. Gonna be a long hard fight.

12 Likes

Multiple Alpha, charlie and Lima request pending

6 Likes

Many times larger orders a replaced to the ECC by cell phone and then formalized over the air when you have time.

As a BC or DC running a fire like this, there are a lot of moving parts including things like:

Where are they coming from?
When do I want them to get here?
Just because I have a lot going on, does that mean I need more units here gumming up roads and increasing the difficulties of accountability?
Can I logistically support additional units?
Can I keep a reasonable or semi reasonable span of control based on what I’m ordering?

It’s generally poor practice to simply order more because things are scary at the time.

Disclaimer: this is simply general thoughts and not meant to apply or not to the current incident.

13 Likes

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=339ebba92f1e4b469eac28b0153989b7&extent=-120.0001,37.4734,-119.9014,37.5264

3 Likes

Plus Mariposa ECC is less than a half mile from the ICP

4 Likes

Hey everybody…This is a very rapidly evolving incident right now. Let’s please be polite to each other and also not be creating undue chaos. There will be plenty of orders being sent up the chain through multiple means. Just because those requests are not radio transmitted does not mean they are not out there.

Please post factually and calmly and we will be better informed for it

Thanks,

Keith

32 Likes

There are a few strike teams at the Basin Fire that are not doing much. Should be sending most of them to this fire. They could be there in a couple hours.

3 Likes

Remember a lot of time the IC or Ops will call the ECC/Expanded directly, due to a very large RO or to try to explain why they wanted 50 strike teams of Dozers.

7 Likes

Night Helco over the fire (1NC) and it looks like 0CH is coming from truckee

3 Likes