CA-MMU-Gaines??

West of Bear Valley, CA (Mariposa Co) - AA440 reports 30 acres in grass & oak woodland, established in a drainage, little to no winds. AA has ordered 2 additional Tankers for a total of 4. this is very near the Hunter Fire from yesterday. Visible on the Mt. Bullion and Buckhorn cams: http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/

AA-440 plus Tankers T-79 T-80 T-82 T-83 and 2 Copters.

AA-440 reports fire is now 75-100 acres w/ moderate ROS & fire is spotting ahead of itself. Fire is burning towards the Detwiler burn scar. 1 LAT being requested for a total of 5 tankers.

Seems to be quite a few fires in that area, lately. I IA’ed the Detwiler (sp) and that area has some nasty fuel and terrain in parts. Be safe!!

Buckhorn cam seems to show a separate column slightly ahead of the main column.

Can’t tell if its separate or the same. I tried cross-referencing it with Greeley.

I would assume a spot out ahead.

There was a definite separation, but
i watched the pictures and they burned together in about 2 minutes time.

200 plus acres now.

1 Like

Crews are doing a back burn but having a hard time keeping up with the fire.

Large column visible from Hogan Lake (calaveras Co) looks like it has a good head of steam on it right now.

Anyone catching the order? Keeps getting stepped on by local.

2 Likes

My guess lots of STC’s and STL and STG’s

1 Like

Per ROSS:

Incident name is: CA-MMU-017127 GAINS (no “e”)

2 Likes

Its spelled incorrectly in ROSS, the road name does have an E in it. I’ve been down that road a few times.

2 Likes

North and hunter fires burned part of this area yesterday, they fired off mt gaines road yesterday so I wonder if this was a rekindle? The north fire was on number 9 road which loops back to mt Gaines road and the mine and the hunter fire was of cotton creek road and bear valley on other side of the road.

1 Like

I’ll take your word for it…

1 Like

CALFIRE Tweet-

#GainesFire at Mt. Gaines Rd and Bear Valley Rd, Bear Valley in Mariposa County is 1,300 acres and 5% contained. Evacuation advisory has been issued in the area of Pendola Garden Rd and Hwy 49.

Any updates? Heard NEU dispatch a strike team at about 2000

1 Like

Anyone see a 209 yet.