CA-NEU-RIVER ??

Meyer Rd and 174. I have nothing else.

1 Like

Spot fire is at 19517 Meyer Road… fingers crossed for you.

2 Likes

Live Copter 3 Enroute

Fire History*

*per SCOUT data base

4 Likes

IE… None in recent history

1 Like

Heat signature off Lodestar, West of dog bar. And reports on radio?

No reports that correspond with that location. Probably an error

Urbanized forest

2 Likes

Lowell Fire, 2015 I think. Burned Bear River Canyon from Gold Run and Alta. Burned up to just south of Hwy 20.

Not all fires seem to get uploaded into SCOUT…still under development, so confidence is 90% …I zoom out a bit and the 49fire that was in Auburn is not there…

Better link for Live Copter 3

1 Like

I was on that one too…and I do not see it either

1 Like

Lowell was a good ways north of this one. Long time local, in 2013 maybe there was about 100 acres in Dogbar. No other history.

There hasn’t been a fire in that entire area since 1935. Lowell was 5 miles NE. everything else in the last 65 years has been 40 acres of less.

Thats unfortunate. But I do agree the closest in recent memory is the Lowell fire, still not in this area. I can’t think of any fires that I know of in the past 40 years in this area.
I live 2 miles down canyon, watching this thing like a hawk

Anyone have intel in colfax? My wife’s parents live in colfax along tracks. They are evacuating. I am hearing spotting near Rollins and colfax high school

Dog Bar was 2014. Stopped at Rolpholm Rd on Mt Olive. the left shoulder of the River is hitting that scar now.

1 Like

Current fire front is all of Mt Olive from Clydesdale to 174 essentially. Spots up the slight valley behind the CP elementary school by Last Mile Dr and Mtn. Lion Rd.

2 Likes

Other than Lowell, there have been no significant fires in between Colfax and Grass Valley since at least 2003 (personal knowledge), lots of IA but nothing big. A couple 100ish acre fires in the Dog Bar/Magnolia area but nothing with a significant scar. This area is RIPE!

I sincerely hope it didn’t get into lode star as someone mentioned. The back side of Alta Sierra is steep, overgrown and over populated. A fire running through A.S. would be a true disaster

3 Likes