CA-ORC/CNF-Holy

SoOps is putting it at 1200 acres. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of the fed SoCal team will be activated this evening if they haven’t already been. A couple of those pictures above look like more.

1 Like

SoCAL IMT 1 Fogle has been already activated about an hr ago.

4 Likes
1 Like

These pictures were taken by my friend Carlos Vasquez who lives off of Indian Truck Trail in Corona

2 Likes

Could the smoke over Redlands be this incident?

Yes the smoke is blowing to the north north east

Historically, one of California’s largest wildland fires occurred here. Could still be the largest, haven’t checked stats recently. Disregard…308,000 acres wins

When was the 308,000

Santiago Canyon in 1889. The mapping technology of the time is suspect so it has an asterisk on its #1 position. The Thomas Fire from last year is the largest “modern” fire at 282,000. Technically, the Mendo Complex at 283,000 today is the biggest and will set new record every day, but it’s still 2 fires

2 Likes

1 Like

And allegedly this fire caused a significant landscape change and was a factor in the black bears going extinct across this range. Cool history.

1 Like

The Buscuit started in Oregon and only burned 30,000 in California. The Rush started in California and burned 272,000 acres before running into Nevada for the rest

This forum should be used for fire updates. Any discussion of fire history and topics not specific to this fire should be started on a new thread. Thank you

23 Likes

Any new updates? Which direction is she running? Any evacuations?

Looks like it is starting to move more towards the south, but still a lot of room to move in some open country

Anybody know what the Air Tactical Freq is today ?

1 Like

try 170.500 for Air Tactics today

Thanks !!! Forgot to ask what the Command Freq

1 Like

any live video this morning?

None yet that I’ ve seen. I’ve been watching it on one of the OC cams, You’ll need to refresh…

http://www.rntl.net/orangefirewebcams.htm

2 Likes