CA-ORC/CNF-Holy

http://www.rntl.net/orangefirewebcams.htm

Repeaters threatened

It “appears” on the close up webcam view that they are beginning to paint an area just east of the communication site on Santiago Peak. I was not able to catch an actual drop in an of my cam refreshes. There has been sorne vehicle movement up there as well. It’s hard to see, but it appears the fire has not reached the drainage just east of Santiago Pek quite yet, but imagine IF if does it’ll make a good run up to the site.

2 Likes

Holy Fire: Suspect arrested in connection to 4,000-acre blaze, report says

https://abc7.com/holy-fire-suspect-arrested-in-connection-to-blaze-report-says/3908928/

1 Like

Aircraft are continuing to paint the area of the communication site. Cam lense is picking up a bit of retardent.

Is camera 3 a new fire

I’m not sure, but do not believe so. I think there is confusion about a “new” fire due to multiple heads.

6 Likes

Aircraft activity (drops) is picking up around Santiago Peak…

4 Likes

From the Farmers Market in downtown LA

Live Streaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag0HkMfTHzI

1 Like

RVC launching Alpha STs to McVicker Park. 5 total so far

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-CNF-Holy???

oh Riverside can fill that and not even blink

3 Likes

A few photos from the fire today…

10 Likes

By chance does anyone have a update comm plan?

Today’s cams on Santiago peak are much quieter than yesterday at this time. Crews and aircraft were able to successfully mitigate the situation yesterday for Santiago Peak and the communications site. Today most fire activity of couee is on the east side of the fire in the Corona and Lake Elsinore areas. Fire advanced east yesterday as noted. Minimal fire growth expected today on the west side (Santiago canyon) with most continued activity and growth now on the eastside of fire in areas noted. Some 20k people have been evacuated thus far most of which are located on the east side of fire. We’ll see what fire activity and behavior today’s weather brings. Still a ways to fo with this one…

1 Like

1 Like

Along Temescal Canyon Road before any, I mean any development. No freeway. Santa Ana wind event and multiple other fires in the area.

Per Inciweb 9:54am 8/9/18: 9,614 acres. 679 Personnel. 05% containment. 12 structures lost. 7,053 structures evacuated. 20,495 persons affected by evacuation.
“Fire will continue to spread south, east and north with only limited spread to the west. Steep inaccessible terrain will continue to allow the fire to spread into new areas, and aligning for strong head-fire runs and the potential for an “Elsinore” down slope event.”
“Excessive heat warning for the fire area has been issued. Weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees coupled with a relative humidity below 15% will provide conditions for extreme fire behavior as well as heat illness issues for the fire fighters and the public. Hot and dry conditions will continue through Thursday over the fire area. Monsoonal moisture coupled with an approaching eastern hurricane will increase instability and bring scattered thunderstorms to portions of Southeast California on Thursday. This combination will result in a period of near critical fire weather over the Holy Fire.”