The Dixie.
Hazards:
Weather:
Radio channels:
Scanner link:
Webcam link: ALERTWildfire | Shasta Modoc
Agency Website:

1 Like

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-EastQuincy&v=fd40729

Believed to be a spot but being run at this time as it’s own incident.

I believe it is a spot and is under the management of the CIIMT2, like the rest of the east Dixie.

1 Like

Courtney Air mapping mission overhead now 2255 and reporting about 1450 acres “on the spot fire over Keddie”

And I think that’s a good description of it.

North-Ops has it as a PNF incident.

CA-PNF Fly Fire: 1,200 acres timber, 0% contained. Structures are threatened with Evacuation Orders and Warnings in effect. Highway 70 is closed.

As it’s being managed by PNF. Wondering if they will just attach/keep the resources off Dixie or add to the list of pending orders already sitting in the system.

1 Like

This is being handled by CIIMT 2, the team now assigned to the east side of Dixie.

3 Likes

4 Likes

The Fly does not line up with the main fire, and not sure of the exact distance but certainly has to be several miles plus, what are/were the prevailing winds doing yesterday, speed and direction, just seams a little odd is all. regardless they have there hands full to be sure…

2 Likes

It would have been helpful to look at the time-lapse first and now that i have it still does not line up as a spot, looks to to be a new start, probably mistaken, it just not lining up… ALERTWildfire | Shasta Modoc
I looked for another angle but could not find one…

2 Likes

In going with hold over.

3 Likes

Or just plain ol’ human buffoonery - even worse if it’s of the intentional variety. With the roads in/about the origin area, add mechanical to the list. And of course with transmission lines also in the proximity, I’m sure everyone’s favorite utility has experts anxious to rule out their infrastructure.

The clues and patterns are likely still there. The prevention wizards will ferret them out, place the arrows, take the photos, and come to a conclusion to fill the text box on the report.

It’s a time-honored tradition :grin:

3 Likes

Per the OPS briefing Fly is a new start. Not a spot.

5 Likes

The Fly Fire is 1,650 acres and 0 percent containment. Last evening crews quickly diverted from the Bucks Lake area to assist with the Fly Fire.

3 Likes

Winds are calm from 10m-100m above the surface.

Cams are showing smoke out conditions.

2 Likes

East Quincy cam showing header.

Thanks for that info…I thought it a little peculiar to be a spot, sure hope it was accidental in nature…

1 Like

Gusts are picking up and upwards of 12mph over the fire area. May start to see under the smoke column for tanker use and intensity may soon follow.

See my post with Ventusky above for compiled wind speed and direction.

N.Cal RAWS Map for each station:
https://wrcc.dri.edu/wraws/ncaF.html

2 Likes

From downtown Quincy

6 Likes