CA-PNF-Gold Complex? (Mill and Smith)

Per Watchduty, theres a “Spot” at the heel, looks some slop on the cam, being worked by some copters

4 Likes

Are those spots or holdovers from the lightning?

2 Likes

Looks to be pretty close to the black there, slop on the Right Flank near the heel would be my guess

2 Likes

2,019 acres per nifc

2 Likes

Just got back from a run to Reno and the smoke seems to have drifted significantly to the west. No thunderstorms in Reno yet, so maybe caught a lucky break (outflow winds - I watched The Lookout breakdown!)

4 Likes

OES 1815A en route after emergency demob from Hill Fire. Plans for a crew swap are moving forward.

9 Likes

Where’s base camp located?

1 Like

Whitehawk Ranch in Clio, CA 96106

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’m sure its already on here and I missed it, but which IMT has been assigned to this incident?

1 Like

CIMT10 was assigned

7 Likes

Morning update from Plumas National Forest:

Mill fire…
Aggressive 24-hour suppression activities continued, with crews focusing on building dozer and handline to protect structures and critical power lines. Night-capable helicopters were utilized overnight to help cool spot fires. As of this morning, much of the fire has line around it. However, these lines need considerable improvement and work before the fire will be considered contained. Winds are anticipated to test lines today, and evacuations are expected to be held through the day.

10 Likes

Morning update from Plumas National Forest:

Line around the Smith Fire held overnight, and crews will focus today on improving those lines and holding them through today’s predicted stronger winds.

11 Likes

According to Command folks it never laid down.

3 Likes

No pyrocumulus visible so far today from Quincy and the cameras show the fire much calmer than the previous two days. Don’t you all think things are looking better?

3 Likes

Definitely looking better. We need continued low to no wind and then things will get much more secure.

3 Likes

It’s actually pretty windy right now, at least according to the Nervino AWOS.

4 Likes
3 Likes

NWS Sacramento just put the area under red flag until 11pm friday

5 Likes
5 Likes