CA-PNF-Gold Complex? (Mill and Smith)

Team 10 heading that way first thing tomorrow…

9 Likes

Just dispatched one more, NEU engines out of NEU

6 Likes

Santa Clara 9162C immed need just sent.

5 Likes

Now crews out of NEU

5 Likes

Correct and another from Yolo too. Don’t have those numbers. I have friends near Bucks Lake and they told me the aura is visible to them tonight.

2 Likes

Post removed…

12 Likes

Massive order request for resources sent to OES

12 Likes

The Smith and Mill 1-3 are now the Gold Complex.

6 Likes

Looks like it burning pretty active thru out the night

3 Likes

Smith Fire is 48 acres and Mill is currently 1637 acres.

3 Likes

According to the predictive models on Ventusky, the windshift towards the northeast that comes (as it does) in about 6 hours would send the fireline right into the community of Portola. This could be a very dangerous and devastating situation that unfolds in the next few hours and should be taken incredibly seriously.

4 Likes

XSJ 4180A and OES 4810A went enroute last night arrived around 0200 assigned structure defense.

7 Likes

Here is an overnight FIRIS perimeter, from 2:30am.
Historic fires shown in shades of brown, almost all over 50 years old - this is a super-typical fire shape and size for this area (and most of the desert transition area of NE Cal), so far.

6 Likes

Looked like a wind reversal around 2am

3 Likes

Extended Frequencies for PNF-Mill

Air Tactics FM: 168.500
Air/Grounds: 167.0625, 169.100
AM Victors: 122.275, 118.425
Tacticals: 168.600, 166.725, 166.775, 168.250

Nothing for Smith, which I hope means it got the steam knocked out of it.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Watching the smoke peel out in the past 30 minutes and things are starting to bubble up. With 7 or 8 hours of active burning ahead, this one has me rattled. If you’re headed to this fire, be aware that while the area is heavily timbered, the main carrier of the fire is grass and shrubs - it will behave more like a desert fire than all the trees might have you believe.
Also, don’t assume the hydrant you hook up to is going to feed a bunch of Type I engines for very long.
https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/1720

25 Likes

Did morning briefing give an update on acreages ?

2 Likes

Watch duty showing 1637 as of 0230 this morning.

4 Likes

Trying to orient myself here, is that a little spot just outside of it on the Beckwourth 1 cam? Looking at the 15 min loop

3 Likes