CA-PNF-Gold Complex? (Mill and Smith)

The big one is aligned with slope towards Portola (I grew up in Portola so know the area fairly well). There are roads all over that country so maybe they find a good place to stop it.

4 Likes

One cam has a little torching going on building a litttle momentum for the moment.

Beckwourth Peak 2

3 Likes

How far is this fire from the beckworth complex back in July 2021 ?

2 Likes

I have family living near Bucks Lake. They told me moments ago and intense lightning storm passed about an hour ago. No rain in their area.

3 Likes

Quite a ways. Beckworth was on the other side of 70…so maybe 6 miles or so as the crow flies.

4 Likes

Ok thanks for the information, I wasnt sure location since it been a min since I been out that way

2 Likes

Smith Fire: 39.82525, -120.52271 this is midslope NW of Portola
Beckwourth 2 has the Smith Fire
15-20 acres High Rate of Spread, timber and brush, multiple structures out in front.

450pm - requesting 2 strike team immediate need for structure protection, stage 70 at Delleker

Mill Fire:
Beckwourth 1
Has multiple fires around the main fire, not a spot. Will likely fight as one fire.

From Beckwourth perspective, left is Mill, right of antenna is Smith

10 Likes

North Portela cam.

6 Likes

Just called for evacuation of the town of Delleker.

2 Likes

https://protect.genasys.com/fullscreenMap?z=9.405075185477536&latlon=39.818076973749385%2C-120.5030018701932

Evac Orders and Warnings:

2 Likes

Well that got out of hand fast.

3 Likes

https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/1721

This thing grew some legs

6 Likes

Anybody here any resource orders yet?

1 Like

I was hoping that the cumulous I saw from Auburn wasn’t this thing. Unfortunately the Price was Wrong

4 Likes

Seems like so far this year anything that gets started gets its legs rather quickly.

4 Likes

Here are Mill and Smith location from Plumas Wildcad (good resource:)
WildWeb

7 Likes

What is the little bright spot right at 270’ on Beckwourth 1? I hope that’s not
flame-age. Kinda hard to tell.

1 Like

Watched the time lapse. Sun glare on the camera lens I’m guessing

4 Likes

I think you’re right. I didn’t know about the arrows to navigate the time on the big view below. Thank you.

2 Likes

Dry Lightning?

1 Like