CA-RRU/BDF-Apple??

Snow Peak View: http://www.alertwildfire.org/inlandempire/index.html?camera=Axis-SnowPeak1&v=81e003f

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-RRU-Apple

Lots of fire history in the area
Sounds like it is on the east side of OG road on the lower end of cherry valley.

Know that area very well
Based on the column it is burning down canyon and to the east. Lots of narrow roads and bad WUI problems in upper cherry valley. Lots of country to run in to the east

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from CA-RRU-Apple??:

564Fire@564Fire
Periscope LIVE

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-RRU-Apple

I could help with evac but don’t know how to volunteer

1 Like

what kind of assistance are you looking to provide? humanitorium or profit?

I have F 250 no animal trailer but I can help anyway possible. Not for profit. I also run equipment daily if a farm tractor is available I can help. The contract dozer is out of Lucerne

1 Like

no offence intended about profit word…my bad. IC has their hands full i am sure. if close maybe you can contact someone near IC??? again best to you. hang in there. i am sure you will find your fit. appreciate any others recs.

2 Likes

150 acres with potential for 1,500 per AA.

2 Likes

IC advises 300-350 acres. Upper 2 fires have combined and lower one in Branch 1 is still separate. This will be a “Major” fire. Requesting 2nd VLAT and 5 more DIVS.

1 Like

If you don’t have safety gear, a radio to stay in communication with other resources assigned to the fire and and at least some basic organizational orientation, you might be more of a danger to yourself and an obstruction to the people who know how the system works. If you live in the area and would like to be available to help in the future, Cal Fire has a robust system of getting volunteer equipment operators trained up and through a thorough system of safety checks prior to putting their contact info on an “emergency need” list so we can call you to help in the future. We have a deep roster of emergency equipment available statewide. Contact the person in charge of “hired equipment” at whatever location you’d like to sign up for. https://www.fire.ca.gov/resources/hired-equipment/ it looks like the Riverside hired equipment program is run out of Bautista camp.

6 Likes

Fires here are always such messy burns. No fun.

Also with helping with evacs, get on a local sheriff volunteer team like CERT, or the local SAR team. Or if animal-friendly, your local animal rescue group which will have procedures in place with local authorities to help get animals out of danger.

Evac help isn’t just showing up and telling people to leave. Being outside the system means you have no safety gear, no official commo, and no coordination with The Big Picture. It is extremely important to be part of the big picture. Even in the heat of the moment fire bearing down, there is a “bigger” picture that a team has already established. Be part of a team, never solo, never rogue. Some residents, and their dogs, do not like random strangers walking onto their property “trying to help.” Some teams might already know those people, and have alternate “mutual respect” notification procedures already established. The last thing fire and law need is a dog bite victim (or worse) in the middle of a rapid evac zone where the dog, or the owner thought you were there for different reasons.

People are wierd creatures. The world can be collapsing around them, and they’re fine. Your voice means nothing. If you have the authority of an official team, that “authoritave voice” on behalf of X Sheriff Search and Rescue might help snap many people out of their shock and get movin’. Heaven forbid you represent yourself as an authoritative voice, without an inkling of said authority, legally, or in the face of a challenging property owner. Be part of a team. Period. If you go rogue, you still can help, and that is by bringing pizza (or danish if the morning), water, coffee and tea to the command posts of the teams in the thick of it.

One more edit: being part of “the system” isn’t part of a good ol boys club. It is literally being part of a pre-established team with training and safety protocols etc all in place and set in motion by official procedures where you are likely covered as a disaster service worker for injuries or claims against you.

11 Likes

What are the strike team requests?

Per the IA thread 30 engines immediate need

2 Likes

Just requested an additional closest 30 engines, immediate need to report to new Branch 3 at Sunset & Wilson

1 Like

They will be coming… IC is still trying to handle the IA

2 Likes

I am hearing Branches but no Divisions. IC just added Branch 3. I am a little confused