CA-RRU-Nixon??

Appears to be the structure involved where the dark black smoke is, center of the frame from High Point.

3 Likes

AA advised it looked like a large Barn.

3 Likes

Reminds me a LOT of the Bonny Fire but, like, angrier and wider and a bit further to the west. Screenshots from the same camera for comparison.

First is the 2023 Bonny Fire, second is the current Nixon Fire

9 Likes

Just requested an FMAG

2 Likes

FIRIS map on Bonny Ops Map

This right here is what makes ATAK absolutely powerful. Buy a used Android already. LFG Amazon has great deals.

13 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-RRU-Nixon

Scanner traffic

4 Likes

Shes off too the races, thats solid brush field for a long way

2 Likes
3 Likes

From Vail lake KOA this is much larger then 300 acres

2 Likes

Curious to see how the Bonny Fire scar affects the forward momentum of this fire once it hits it. Nixon is certainly closing the gap between the two burns.

This thing will likely end up bigger than Bonny regardless tho. I remember Bonny stubbornly fighting for its life one acre at a time for much of its burn while this thing is simply roaring with life.

3 Likes

Can see the plume in Mira Mesa or is much larger then 300 acres.

2 Likes

10 Riverside Co Type 1s just requested.

3 Likes

1000 acres, running hard to the east
Air Attack thinks it might slow at the Bonny scar, houses impacted on Bonny now

2 Likes

Aa just stated 1000 acres dros

4 Likes

Ordered 8 copters for tomorrow 2 with crew.

2 Likes

Crazy to put the size and ROS in perspective with the Park Fire. This fire started 5 hours and just hit 1000 acres. 200 acres an hour. The Park was at 3500-4500 acres an hour for the 1st 48 hours. I think the term “dangerous rate spread” is starting to be overused in some instances.

10 Likes

I’d toss that fire into the Critical ROS haha.

3 Likes

Looks to be cranking from Murrieta

5 Likes

Got a cap on it now
That brush Field off Tule Valley is huge, no breaks and 10 foot plus for a few miles.

Edit, was

5 Likes