Reported acres:3
Rate of spread:moderate
Report on Conditions:
Structure threat:Scattered structures
Resources:
Hazards:
Weather:
Radio channels:
Scanner link:I’m listening to “Santa Barbara County Sheriff, Fire, Aircraft and Marine, Lompoc Police / Fire” using the Scanner Radio app, you can listen to it by going to Santa Barbara County Sheriff, Fire, Aircraft and Marine, Lompoc Police / Fire
Webcam link:ALERT Wildfire
Agency Website:

3 Likes

7 acres moving into heavier fuels requesting fixed wing

3 Likes

#AnnieFire- UPDATE- IC reporting 7 acres at this time with the fire transitioning from light grass to heavier fuels with a potential for 75 acres. Fire is still burning in an uphill direction away from the city of Goleta.

3 Likes

Annie Air attack reporting 25 acres SROS with potential of 250 acres.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re getting a handle on this one.

5 Likes

Fixed Wing released back to Paso loaded. Stick a fork in this one. Great job by intial attack forces.

6 Likes

Does SBC not include fixed wing on order for initial veg fire dispatches?

2 Likes

They do, per there Apendix A agreement they can get up to 4 without permission from CalFire as a contract county. Standard 1st alarm High includes 2-4 dependent duty officer descretion IE ( red flag etc ).

6 Likes

Radio chatter was that AA didn’t think it was going to be needed initially

2 Likes

This is true, usually AA will come out of SMX if on duty (available) and 1
or 2 S2 tankers out of Paso Robles as part of the initial high level dispatch. AA will most always arrive prior to the tankers in S.B. County and then dictate what his/her wishes are for the incoming tankers. During high level dispatch SBCO does not waite for AA to arrive to get tankers, all three fixed wing as well as two initial Rotors are ordered at the same time through S.O. OPS.

5 Likes

They should look into the QRF concept…

1 Like

How can it be any quicker? Closest air resources requested upon initial dispatch. Can you enlighten me please? I am unfamiliar with a faster way of getting air resources.

1 Like

Norcal74 was referring to the contract Orange County has (with Coulson) for staffing Type 1 copters in the county.

1 Like

Ahh I see, I guess they could but they have a type 1 and type 2 rotor of their own in county and 1 type 2 on FS rotor for use when available, but more is always better they say.
Thanks for clueing me in.

Not to get too off topic in this thread (apologies mods) but will sbc typically get the AA out of smx rather than 340 out of paso due to it being closest resource even though it’s a usfs platform? - seasonal ff and ucsb gaucho who’s always been curious about sbcofd and their operations.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg3CIs_Je5h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

View from SBC’s firehawk.

5 Likes

For IA in California, closest AA.

2 Likes

Yes, and if tankers are at SMX they will usually get one from each. Fixed wing go across boundries, closest resource

1 Like