CA-SHF-Monument (Contained)

97,287 acres and 10% contained

3 Likes

Fire actively spotting in Junction City over contingency lines, SHU toning out additional equipment.

6 Likes

SHU and local Govt resources responding to Junction City. Being given orders by Redding ECC to keep all spots West of 299 in JC.

2 Likes

Maps / mapping : some are updated every morning and evening; Inciweb and FireMappers
(you can find Inciweb)

FireMappers
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=6dc469279760492d802c7ba6db45ff0e

CalTopo is updated about every 4 or 6 hours.
https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=40.73096,-123.29868&z=12&b=f16&a=sma%2Cmodis_mp%2Cshared_all

Map layers can be customized

This fire follows Hwy 299 along the Trinity River. The prevailing winds have been NW to SE and SE to NW depending on time of day. Fire has been very active today just west of Junction City (eastern side). Yesterday it burned up Ironside Lookout on the western side and slopped over into the Big Creek (tributary of the New) and New River drainages. Today and tomorrow CAIIMT5 (Muller) is transitioning out and AlaskaIIMT1 is shadowing and transitioning in. Risky time on those transitions between teams, as you know.

CA Team5 has done a good job for as few resources as are available. Willow Camp at Kimtu is gearing up The ICP is at Junction City (I think).

2 Likes

ICP is in Weaverville, it started out in Junction City but moved to Weaverville.

4 Likes

CAL FIRE IMT 5 activated to assume unified command

5 Likes

Is Cal Fire Team 5 going here or to the McFarland? North Ops News and Notes states McFarland entering unified command with Cal Fire tomorrow. Monument transitioning teams later this week to another fed team.

2 Likes

I was told the Monument…if it changes I ’ll be sure to address :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I also heard CF IMT 5 to Monument

4 Likes

Team 5 to Monument. McFarland is also going into Unified command, no team as of yet. I think TGU is going handle

2 Likes

102,883 acres and 10% contained.

3 Likes

DATA PACKAGE POSTED FOR THE MONUMENT -

MAPS.TAKSERVER.US

BE SAFE TODAY.

2 Likes

Thanks for these downloads, but this 8/17 seems to be yesterday’s 8/16 package?

1 Like

Man must have had an internet hiccup or not enough coffee!

Uploaded todays DP.

Sorry about that!

5 Likes

Evac warning for Weaverville.

5 Likes

Evac Warning is for Weaverville, Douglas City, and Hayfork.

5 Likes

Appears the fire will reach the Hayfork Divide cam soon.

http://beta.alertwildfire.org/region/shastamodoc/?camera=Axis-Hayfork

3 Likes

119,280 acres and 10% contained

2 Likes

Alaska
The Alaska Team arrived today and shadowed. The CA team leaves tomorrow.

The fire was burning on the south of Ironside (burned-over) Lookout but hasn’t yet reached the New River except for one spot on Underwood Mt which firefighters picked up.

The fire is backing down Ironside toward the New River but still has 1/2 to 1/3 of the way to go from the burned-over lookout summit.

Helicopters were making bucket drops on the NW side of Ironside all day. Luckily it’s not too smoky.

The canyon winds at Bells Flat (5 Waters) just below Ironside were about 20 mph. Hopefully Hoboken, just upriver, is prepared with defensible space. Movement of the fire in the Big Creek drainage is slower as it’s in the River Fire footprint and is not so steep. Shots or dozers will be replenishing the line on the “Pinnacles” or “Oak Flat” to stop the fire spread when it begins moving toward Hoboken.

2 Likes