CA-KNF-Tenant??

AA503 at scene. 50 acres, potential for an extended incident.

4 Likes

Wonder what the Orr Mtn lookout is seeing - it should be staffed today.

Does this have the potential to merge with Lava?

Possible but not probable. It is 18 miles away. They may make it a branch of the Lava, depending on jurisdiction. But that’s a long ways to join together.

2 Likes

When I first read the report that put it at Tenant Road (when this was still being regarded as part of the Lava Fire)-- I knew that was way too far away to be a spotfire. Awful timing to have two wildfires now burning in close proximity to each other. Certain to cause conflicting resource commitments.

4 Likes

You can seen the Tenant Fire’s heat signature burst to life a fair distance away from the existing Lava Fire’s heat signature Animation

9 Likes

Ok I see thank you.

2 Likes

see IA thread

The Lava and Tenant Fire could very well end up merging like the Telegraph and Mescal Fires did in Arizona earlier this month. Those two fires became so massive that, despite being miles and miles apart, they STILL managed to merge. I’m kind of expecting that to happen here at this point.

4 Likes

When viewed from the Mt Bradley 1 camera; the smoke extension is now mixing with the Lava. The East flank of the Lava is taking a line which would intersect the path of the Tenant, based solely on the smoke extension as there are no cameras in the area of the Tenant.
Mt Bradley 1

4 Likes

How close is it to the macdoel cal fire station?

1 Like

Is the Juniper Bates Motel burning down going to be credited as a commercial structure destroyed, or what?

1 Like

Just based upon the picture, at most 5 miles.

Is the question because of the length of time the hotel has been abandoned, dilapidated, falling down? I wonder at what point the damage assessment people consider a structure no longer fits in a viable category and is more considered refuse.

2 Likes

Resource requests beginning to make it through south ops

3 Likes

Is Tennant running like the Lava Fire?

1 Like

I was wondering same thing. Anyone have reliable Intel for the tenant? Much appreciated

Seems like both fires are on the downward slide (knock on wood). Both are starting to demob some resources.

Lines on the Tennant will be wind-checked this afternoon/evening. If everything holds, there will likely be a mass demob tomorrow.

7 Likes
10 Likes