CA-SNF-BEASORE?

SNF with 2 engines, BC, water tender.
On scene of a 6 acre fire in timber and heavy dead down @ 21:15
Beasore Rd. and 5S10 road (vicinity)

Slow rate of spread. Dispatched 16:28

Requesting 1 dozer, non are near by. Forest dozer sent to ANF.

3 Likes

My wife’s family owns one of the two properties around the corner at muglers mdw. Currently have family up there, any and all updates with regards to the direction the fires moving and status are appreciated. Thanks

I missed the dispatch. I caught IC on the radio requesting the dozer then He gave a update. Might check SNF facebook.
Small grouping of trees are torching so, that is probably being seen by nearby people. Possible Calfire could be at scene assisting but, I could have missed that.

LE unit is in the area notify campers and residence. Nothing about evacuations.

1 Like

Showing some heat on satellite (black dot).

RAWS High Sierra USFS station has bad readings for fire spread @ 8pm:
Temp 56 , Winds light 4mph, 10Hour fuel stick (brush fuels) 4% moisture which is very dry. No surprise, right.
30% RH which is dry as well.

NO requests for any additional resources @ 22:00

UPDATE 23:10
Trouble containing two spots that they will line to become inside the burn with just one fire line. Be it handline or hose lay.

50% contained BUT need more fire hose. Warehouse truck is loading up and on it’s way tonight. @ 23:10

4 Likes

On caltopo now.

4 Likes

Still need further mopup and to line the second spot. Didn’t have update to spread but, the conversations are about mopup and falling some trees. Faller enroute for 50"dbh trees, which are pretty big.
Sounds like routine containment issues and not about controlling the spread.

EDIT UPDATE @ 10:30:
3 additional crews arrived and copter 3HX enroute. I heard IC request recon of this area for hold over fires. Maybe the recon ship.

4 Likes

Fire contained at 11:40.

6 Likes

Still moping up with water tender, engine and 2 crews today.
Interesting that Inciweb doesn’t have this fire on the site…probably too small.

EDIT UPDATE 20:30,
All equipment off the incident. Mop up 100 feet in with no heat found upon departure within the 100 foot into the burn.

4 Likes