CA-SQF-Castle???

Was looking at my truck earlier there was ash on my truck!

I would not was it just yet.

1 Like

Haha, maybe I will in November.

What is the location of the ICP and Base Camp since the team has assumed command?

1 Like

ICP is at the Porterville Fairgrounds. Other camps are still to be determined based on fire growth.

3 Likes

From Jordan Peak

7 Likes

Nice shot. Did you get get some good Sierra Pinstriping driving in? I was on that road last month and a bit narrow in spots. Hope they can keep fire out of all that old growth Red Fir.

1 Like

That section is earning it’s name and that’s hell for sure creek.

Very true! And right next to Hells Hole. Great fishing.

1 Like

I was on a fire there in 1961 (Betty Fire) and the name is sure correct…

2 Likes

Just looking on esri app this area didn’t burn during the McNally fire and the fire is hitting some recent wfu scars.

1 Like

Yeah, that last section right before the lookout is a bad Jeep trail at best…lol. Set up a repeater up there today.

2 Likes

Does Peppermint Work Center have enough room to set up a camp? The drive up 190 from P-Ville is not quick and it would seem like something up in the Western Divide would be a lot closer.

They could ask R-Ranch in the Sequoias (johnsondale) if they would allow a spike camp. They used if for the Cedar Fire couple years back

3 Likes

That was my other thought. Good spot, and way closer than P-Ville.

Did a rough perimeter of the fire on Google Earth
15,684 acres

2 Likes

There was over 400 ff there. Trucked meals in. No shower unit though

3 Likes

Hearing rumors that the Castle Fire blew up pretty good today and that Tulare County is dumping a couple Type VI Strike Teams on it. Anyone have info?

S/T XSB-1521C Rainbow enroute to this fire from the River Inc @ 0800 today.

2 Likes

It put up a good header earlier and is now down towards the heel.
https://rockyags.cr.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/camHist_movie.pl?camera=bakerpoint_1&visible=false&date=20200827&frame=96