CA-TCU-Michel???

New start Calaveras Co Fricot City Rd tankers out of Columbia are load and return

3 Likes

https://www.alertwildfire.org/region/sierra/?camera=Axis-SierraVista2

2 Likes

ponderosa way x michel Rd

10400 fricot city Rd
Mtn. Ranch

5- 10 acres

• 2 addl AT
    5 addl engines
    4 addl crews

Fowler peak cam

1 Like

Some squirrelly wind. Looks to be bumping up against and/or running parallel to the 2015 Butte scar

Radar shows some shower/thunderstorm activity moving that way. Hopefully they pick up some meaningful rain and not just outflow winds.

3 Likes

Fricot City is usually well below the elevation of rain when T cells come through, unless they’re drifting into the valley.

Agreed, but yes. Today they are coming off the hills westbound. Mariposa and Groveland got some decent rain, about .2” in Mariposa.

1 Like

Just checked the radar. Very promising rain all along Highway 49. Hopefully it works North to the Mosquito. For reference this fire is the same general area the Old Gulch Fire started in 1992. Fortunately RH values are much higher today than they were when it started.

1 Like

mmu still had a lightning start

2 Likes

Air Attack just stated 32.5 acres tankers on load and hold

2 Likes

Wow, the Old Gulch Fire brings back memories. Good action on that one with structure protection.

2 Likes

Scattered showers depending were your at in TCU. Nothing at my house in Sonora but a couple miles down the road at my buddies house a trace. I can see Mt Bullion and Duckwall now which earlier looked like they were getting showers. mill72, anytime you get out in out on Michel/Ponderosa/Fricot City, Gulch fire always in the back of my mind. Was on it from IA thru duration. This fires a done deal! Cancelled what ever equipment was still responding. All other resources working on mop up and getting line cut around it.

Don’t let the cloud cover and lower temps fool you. We had a nice breeze blowing at the time of the fire. That will make up for the lower temps. Fuels are just bone dry every it seems.

4 Likes