CA-TCU-Mocc??

300 acres
Critical rate of spread.
Both sides highway 49
Hard push east toward Preist Coulterville road

Estimated 300 acres. Evac warnings at Ponderosa at Merril. Mandatory evacuations on Priest Coulterville Road

Basically sounds to be beginning to run up 120 from 49.

IA Created

1 Like

Fought many of fire in this same area. It’s a hell of a fire fight on a good day when you have all the aircraft and ground troops available.

3 Likes

“A whole new can of spreading worms” that’s a new one :laughing:

4 Likes

Unfortunately due to resource draw down half of the resources will be UTF. There will be some resources who will be double shifted.

3 Likes

"optimistic we may be able hold it at railroad grade, above the reservoir (anyone with local knowledge? @ ffviking ? )

This quote sums up the last few days for incidents, " I don’t want you to order the world, just order what you need"

4 Likes

With the staffing patterns most crews are in S/T configuration anyways. Those that are single are type 2 or in unit only due to low crew numbers.

2 Likes

The railroad grade runs up above the power house towards the pond up top. And back down to the ball field at Moccasin. Some of that is steep country it goes thru. If the can hold it to the Old RR grade that would be a lot of help. With these conditions, low on resources, if they can pull that off, my hats off to them. That would be a hell of a piece of firefighting.

4 Likes

It’s the old Hetch Hetchy Railroad grade. It was used to build the HH dam.

3 Likes

Thanks…

“Wind shift * not in our favor* Need to look at prepping Priest Coulterville grade. Spotting 1/2 mile ahead. Need to notify Coulterville”

2 Likes

I may have overlooked it. Where is the ICP located for this inc

Unless they’ve had to move it…

Thank you. And sorry I posted a question in the wrong thread.

Does any one have a updated IAP, map

Is there an updated map?

1 Like

No… I don’t think they were able to get an IR flight last night.

1 Like