CA-TCU-Mocc??

With the staffing patterns most crews are in S/T configuration anyways. Those that are single are type 2 or in unit only due to low crew numbers.

2 Likes

The railroad grade runs up above the power house towards the pond up top. And back down to the ball field at Moccasin. Some of that is steep country it goes thru. If the can hold it to the Old RR grade that would be a lot of help. With these conditions, low on resources, if they can pull that off, my hats off to them. That would be a hell of a piece of firefighting.

4 Likes

It’s the old Hetch Hetchy Railroad grade. It was used to build the HH dam.

3 Likes

Thanks…

“Wind shift * not in our favor* Need to look at prepping Priest Coulterville grade. Spotting 1/2 mile ahead. Need to notify Coulterville”

2 Likes

I may have overlooked it. Where is the ICP located for this inc

Unless they’ve had to move it…

Thank you. And sorry I posted a question in the wrong thread.

Does any one have a updated IAP, map

Is there an updated map?

1 Like

No… I don’t think they were able to get an IR flight last night.

1 Like

Anyone have a link to the iap? Can’t find it on nifc.

Generally, if the only time maps & IAPS are posted to NIFC is when a full Type 1 IMT is assigned. The Moc has a regional Type 3 Team assigned so there won’t be much if any documents available

5 Likes

They call it Frogtown, but it’s Calaveras County Fairgrounds in Angels Camp.

1 Like

Frogtown is Calaveras County Fairgrounds just outside Angles Camp.

1 Like

Yep, I was relying on memory. I knew it was one of those. Jumping Frog Jubilee

3 Likes

South on HWY 49 couple mile south of Angles Camp. If you Hit Glory Hole Market and gas station. Its across the street from that behind the Storage facility. That’s the Fair grounds, hope that helps.

2 Likes

Those old dozer lines really come in handy, no update on containment but the boots and blades on the ground have done a great job.

4 Likes

Copy that…We have had a few control burns on the east side of 49 above the power house south of the penn stocks to help mitigate the fuel load. I have lost count on fires on both sides of the road since 1990. For limited resources both air and ground the IC and all troops rocked it. If they keep it button up for another day or two things will look good. A side note that area is one of if not the hottest spot in Tuolumne Country on hot days. Great job by all agencies involved and there was plenty. Plus all CWN!
Like one of many areas in the state you cringe when you here of a fire in that area. Steep , brushy and ugly.

5 Likes

Dozer operators have their “ seats “clinched tight tight! Glad my guy and his crew have lots of hours under his belt ! Between falling and Dozer hours they are probably one of the few who can handle that area And with respect for that area too!! Many thanks to everyone out there !!!

3 Likes