CA-TGU-Forward??

AA was scrambling for orders. An S2 and LAT both went OOS Mechanical after initial drop, one tanker was diverted in air from another TGU call, quite the scramble on getting replacements

2 Likes

T132 NB from MCC.

1 Like

Rough, hot, dry, rocky country up there. It will be interesting to see how well it pushes through the Ponderosa scar. Went through there last fall on Rock Creek Road and there is plenty of light and medium fuels to carry fire. If it chews through that it will bump through all the clear cut logging ops and possibly all the way into the park. And yeah @fishcop, if I was a T-Shirt vender, I’d be loading up my panel van.

5 Likes

The wind looks to be having a tough time figuring out which direction to blow…

1 Like

Briefly capped out earlier, visible on Bear Mtn Shasta cam.

3 Likes

We used to own a ranch up there to the east of where this fire is. That ground is thick and some of it very rugged. It’s always been a fear that it would get established in Digger Creek and run up it. Really heavy timber where the Ponderosa Fire didn’t burn and a lot of brush growing back where it did burn. Lots of fuel. Was just there not too long ago.

3 Likes

FIRIS mapped at 95 acres at 4:57, it’s into the Ponderosa scar now. Explains why the plume has gotten a little softer in the past 5 minutes. Image from CAFireScanner on Twitter.

7 Likes

Also very fortunate that most of the other fires are smoked in right now, giving them a ton of air support availability.

7 Likes

Starting to look a lot better on the cams.

2 Likes

Anyone haves tactics channels ?

Command 7 tone 1 is what they went to. Didn’t hear the other ones

Copy thank you we got pulled out the hotels and on the way to this incident so wanted to set up the radios

2 Likes

It’s all CDF Tacs, CDF CMD7 T1 for command, TGU Local tone 1 for check in to the unit, and cdf tacs 4, and at least a couple up in the high 20’s low 30’s. All easy for IA command groups. A/G was A/G2, but for extended tomorrow who knows, but usually we assign cdf tac18 as the first extended A/G. You’ll get it on the incident but I’ll likely have tomorrows A/G posted on the IA thread here.

3 Likes

Copy thank you for the info

Looks like the wind is doing the diurnal thing…

1 Like

And there is the undeniable 180 flip!! Downslope on the inskip cam.

4 Likes