CA-TGU-RED??

Fire on Red Bank Rd and Colyear Springs Rd Tehama County. Not much info but smoke visible on the Round Mtn Cam:
Trying to get back into posting fires as we near Fire Season.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?v=92b5045

1 Like

C-205 and C-903 are now overhead of the fire.

C903 overhead… 5-10 acres in brush & understory, 1 engine @ scene.

2 Likes

Copter 903 has been training out of Vina for the last few weeks building up their blackhawk program. Copter 205 has been with them co-developing hawk procedures as well as their normal pre-season Huey training. At dispatch, 903 landed Vina and ECC asked them to place a phone call. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sure enough, 5 minutes later C903 was enroute to the Red Bank area for training, and just happens to see a smoke in the vicinity and asked if Red Bluff would like them to investigate it. Well, of course. :man_shrugging:

Copter 205 is NOT on the fire, only 903. However I did not catch how many souls aboard 903.

Fire is here per lat/lon, just east of last November’s 2500 acre TGU-Ranch incident.

I would totally be out there to grab pics of what appears to be the Calfire Blackhawk’s first official wildfire, but it is beyond ugly terrain and access out there, as we all remember from 2019’s TGU-Red Bank and TGU-Ranch.

Scancal.org live scanner has the fire on priority, but it’s minimal traffic.

Update on conditions 7 acres, MROS, extended commitment time for resources.

3 Likes

Forward progress stopped a while ago, still extended commitment for ground resources. Copter 903 released, request A-1 :facepunch: and “returning to training.” If I heard correctly, they took action on a flank. Check TGU and/or CalFire social media for any pics soon. If they dipped (excuse me, is it sipped if they have a snorkel, I’m not used to belly tanks ops up here in the real NorCal) out of Sunflower Dip (sip?), I really hope PIO got a shot of that.

Vina and all the NorCal Hueys are buckets and with our terrain, especially close to this incident further west, it can even become long line territory. So that’ll be interesting to see how many secret water holes that 490DF worked out of are no longer accessible by a snorkel. For a lot of Vina’s response area, the only water sources for 8-10min flight time radius can be certain bends in Mill Creek, Deer Creek, etc where the canyon walls and water depth just barely allow a bucket to get in there.

Looking forward to what’s to come!

8 Likes