437pm
2500 acres
spotting 1 mile ahead
evacs and structure defense in place

8 Likes

AA advising fire is moving quickly!!!
3500-4000 acres

7 Likes

2 charlies, 2 golf’s, 2 divisions, 2 lima’s, 1 staging manager for highway 36 contingency at Highway 36 and Vestal road.

2 Likes

Tanker 162 heavy off Fresno enroute.

1 Like

VERY humble attempt at sketching this out as of 5pm. Not my ideal battle station at work with office radios and notes and not in control of my online scanner.

On this map, the road heading north out of “Petty John Place” is Weemasoul Road. The road off that to the left going to Oak Flat and Goat Camp is Halley Grade Road. The road with red arrow “36 5 miles” is Vestal Road. Fire is still south and west of Vestal.

edit: it’s marching right up to the upper left of this map - Halley Grade and directly to R Ranch area (which is up off the map past “R 8 W”

14 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-TGU-Red Bank??

Previous burn history map

3 Likes

Lead plane was able to fly under the smoke & determine the fire is approximately 5 miles from hitting Hwy 36. Tankers having difficulty flying under the smoke column.

AA after talking with IC is releasing the no divert, “time to let it run”
Not going to catch it.

3 Likes

AA just stated 4500 acres and running hard at Hwy 36

3 Likes

I believe the blue lined in 1975 was the old Skinner Mill Fire .

RAWS are all still gusting 19-22 SE. They keep mentioning a wind shift expected soon but not hearing to what.

Fire weather forecast for this zone looks like lower slope winds will shift to the north after midnight. That would be interesting.

1 Like

From Tehama County Sheriff, Evacs ordered for Hwy 36 from Tedoc Rd to Vestal Rd & all roads south of that.

order was placed for 10 additional dozers.

Red Bluff advising there is a divert on 2 type 1 tankers.

1 Like

image http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/alertwildfire-data-public/Axis-EaglesNest/latest_thumb.jpg?x-request-time=1567731522080

East side of valley looking westfron Eagles Nest

2 Likes

View from salt creek south side of 36

A fuel truck is being ordered, units that came immediate need are starting to get low on fuel.

Fixed wing order for tomorrow, 4 T1, 2 VLAT, 2 S2, 1 Lead

2 Likes

A team has been ordered. It will be Team 5

6 Likes