CA-TGU/SHU-Area lightning??

Thank you!

There are SPCC and TRCC crews on the ground. Ugly country, 1.5 to 2 hour hike in. Nobody wants to go there.

1 Like

Bring me Men to match my Mountains.

1 Like

Confirmed it is SHU 5-6 incident. Upper quarter eastern slope of Bullychoop. 7-10 acres.

2 Likes

Those are big boys up there.

1 Like

Affirmative

5-6 is showing up on goes17 north of the red bank.
https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&z=5&im=60&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=170&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&opacity[0]=1&hidden[0]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&sec=full_disk&p[0]=cira_natural_fire_color&x=13172&y=2982

North Bay Incident Management Team is enroute to MEU

3 Likes

9150C assigned. Lacing and chasing. #headsonaswivel

1 Like

6 fires showing heat signatures in Nor Cal, I think the Walker went Nuclear.

18%20PM

2 Likes

Anyone got more intel on this?

I believe it is named the Middle fire on the SHF. it was only 2 acres last night but appears to have woken up some today. I can’t find much info on size. Located N/E of the Canyon Creek Trailhead. Shows a start time of 9/5/19 at 907 a.m.

1 Like

Some context. I count 6 big ones.

1 Like

That’s north of hayfork, may be the love fire.
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6370/

3 Likes

Looks like a real busy afternoon in Nor Cal

2 Likes

California IIMT 16 will be taking the South Fire. In Brief 1300 Saturday at Shasta NF Supervisors Office.

This is the California Type 2 Short Team that is not on the rotation list. Looks like we are going there primarily for logistical support, but we will see what happens.

3 Likes

Looking West over South Fire at midday 9/6/2019 with 2008 Iron and Vinegar Fires in Blue.

Redbank Fire on bottom edge.

4 Likes

SHF-South’s IR flight 7pm Saturday. Looking slightly NW with Tomhead Peak/Lookout top center and Elkhorn peak bottom right. Looks like a firing op on the top of Nuisance Ridge. If so, that’s good news to hear some established crews are up in there to backup what the tankers did today. They got some S2’s in there mid morning for structure defense on some cabins in there that a lot of locals were worried about.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the only thing crews have been doing is structure prep. I don’t think any line has been put in as of yet. Things might change today as more resources come in.

Where are the IAP’S located for USFS Fires???