CA-TGU/SHU-Area lightning??

General thread for lightning fires and intel for TGU, SHU, maybe MNF/SHF as well.

SHU 6-2 fire, Hwy3 at Deer Lick.

MEU 1-1 fire, Red Rock Creek area north of Covelo (copter 101, 205). Roughly here. Could be MEU, not sure with BLM, forest and wilderness all right there. Even the DPA maps are pointing fingers at each other. (edit 1830, I thought this was HUU 1-2)

TGU Red Bank - new start in the foothills on the west side. 3+ acres potential for 20, SROS/MROS. Google Map. Seen on Tuscan Buttes cam Torching in the brush

4 Likes

TGU Red Bank - up to 10 acres now MROS. Two S2’s committed, requested a Type1 tanker, 2nd copter. Retardant on the eastern flank, chewing into the retardant. Quite a while still for ground resources to get in there. Brush and grass (1255pm edit: at 20 acres now, with expected afternoon winds this has potential for couple thousand acres now, chewing through the retardant)

SHU 5-6 - Bollychoop Mtn 2 acres, they’re optimistic at keeping it at 2 (edit, the “2 acre” traffic may have been traffic from MMU area, aircraft over cdf cmd2.)

MEU 1-1 fire getting T85 and 86.

1 Like

AA-110 is over the Red Bank Fire in Tehama Co west of Red Bluff, reports 35-40 acres w/ moderate ROS pushing to the north, ordering 2 addl tankers closest for a total of 6 tankers. IC requesting 4 additional handcrews.

1 Like

TGU 2nd start right on the TGU/MNF/SHF line. Reported as 10 acres rapid to dangerous rate of spread into the timber. Base of Tomhead Mtn on the south fork of Cottonwood Creek.

Map per air attack.

This will make things messy with TGU-Red Bank just below it.

Edit: sounds like SHF is taking this one. SHF-South

2 Likes

AA-110 reporting a NEW fire several miles to the west @ 40 06.53 -122 47.34 - reports 10 acres in timber w/ moderate-dangerous ROS, slope & wind driven, potential for 1000+ acres/major incident. No name for this new fire yet.

What are you scanning to get these up to date reports?

1 Like

Everything :man_shrugging:? I may have a few radios in the office, and you can get similar on the scancal.org/live.html live scanner.

6 Likes

South-forks camera has both fires in view

Link to the camera?

1 Like

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html

Eagles nest
Tuscan butte
West peak
all on fire also now.
Edit- Cohasset hill shows both

2 Likes

Keep the updates coming NorcalScan. You have the best intel

Thanks

9 Likes

I believe that would be the South fire and SHF is responding

Redbank Incident has an IA for status updates and equipment assigned

1 Like

TGU-Red Bank will remain priority fire for the area. The SHF-South has no threat to anything at the moment.

GOES17 IR is showing significant heat off PNF-Walker, TGU-Red Bank, SHF-South and the HUU? 1-2 fire.

PGE Hillcrest in Rancho Tehama (lower elev, SE of fire) 92F SE 10G20
PGE Ridge (lower elev, NE of fire) 93F, SE 11G18
Eagle Pk RAWS (south of fire, higher elev, midslope from valley to ridge) SE 11G21

1 Like

Thanks for the great info!!

MNF - I have visual on the smoke at Ides Cove Trailhead area, Mt Linn area. Engine 8430 (wildlife refuge I think?) on it. They’ve been the guys on R5 Tac 4 I think. Wind keeping the smoke horizontal. Unknown designator.

TGU-Red Bank updates I am throwing on the IA thread unless it’s a Q/A.

1 Like

AA 460 is on a fire near Lookout Peak, with Tanker 90 coming at scene.

I’ve edited my posts above referencing what I thought was HUU 1-2, it is in fact MEU 1-1. They’ve had C101 and 205 on it since morning, they’ve timed out. Some S2 and a LAT at one point.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-TGU-Red Bank??

This fire keeps getting people’s interests. C102 down mechanical at the moment at Rainbow Lake. C902 meeting up to get 'er back up with mechanic. Quite a few SHU IA resources staged or engaged. On Bollychoop Mtn. Still don’t know designator yet. They occasionally get an S2 on it, have had AA and copter on it most of the day.

2 Likes