CA-TIA-Windy

Mule Peak and outbuildings being wrapped now. From SQF FB page

17 Likes

#WindyFire Update September 14, 2021

Acres: 1611
Containment: 0%

The fire is currently in an area with no recent fire history. Fire behavior may become very active while burning in areas of heavier fuels.

Via SQF FB page. About 15 mins ago.

3 Likes

Someone can come up with an IAP for frequencies for Command and Airops? That would be appreciated.
SQF ch.2 was command but, pretty void of comms.

No IAP’s online from these Teams. Or…in another folder not under the incident?

1 Like

It’s still on SQF2 for today.

2 Likes

Looking north from Tobias Peak this morning…

5 Likes

I have a request for the COML to give me a call so I can get the IAP and Comm Plan.

6 Likes

Winds from the NE for now, sending the smoke towards Pine Flat and California Hot Springs. NWS forecast has winds light from the SW in the area of the fire, and temps upper 70’s to near 80 and cooling as two troughs of low pressure move in this week. Fortunately, this area does not see significant daily air movement unless there is a change in pressure and hoping this helps suppression efforts.

7 Likes

Looks like inversion broke. Column now developing.

3 Likes

2202 acres, 0% contained, and according to Inciweb, the fire in Peyrone Sequoia Grove was low intensity. Assessment of the grove not possible for a few days.
1425 EDIT: 3 in a row, not allowed to post new…
Watching the 6 hour timelapse from Tobias, it looks like the winds have pushed the east side of the fire well past Mule Peak lookout. Caltopo shows a 1336 flyby with heat in that area as well, but off a bit, showing heat on the Kern drainage side, but cams not supporting that data “if” I am reading it right.
https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=36.01585,-118.58574&z=13&b=t&o=f16a%2Cr&n=1,0.25&a=mba%2Cfire%2Cmodis_mp

7 Likes

Everything looks to be on the North to North West side of Mule Peak right now. It’s been running those drainages for a couple hours. But, I’m sure it will push through the saddle between Mule Peak and Onion Meadow Peak sometime soon.

3 Likes

http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-KingGeorge1&v=fd40740

1 Like

Yeah, looks like it has run the Cedar Creek, Bear Creek and now Kessing Creek drainages. Active fire on the ridge in the notch between Onion Meadow Peak and Mule Peak on Tobias timelapse.

2 Likes

The “Windy” and the “Complex” are cooking and the chatter on here is pretty quiet. Any new intel on threats or resource needs?

1 Like

Unfortunately nothing that I have found. Mod7 in post 45 stated he was reaching out to the COML for an IAP and Comms links but nothing posted yet. FTP server has only maps and IR files, no IAP and no 209’s.

3 Likes

SQF and the parks have always been a black hole for picking up anything from their radio comm network on a scanner.

5 Likes

#WindyFire Update September 15, 2021

Acres: 2,202
Containment: 0%

The inversion layer moderated fire behavior yesterday, and is expected to continue today. Air operations are continuously monitoring fire conditions and weather, looking for opportunities to fly and support firefighters on the ground.

For more information:
Inciweb: Windy Fire Information - InciWeb the Incident Information System
Email: 2021.windy@firenet.gov
Fire information line: (559) 214-1260 (8am-8pm)

Posted on FB but not much useable info from Sequoia.

2 Likes

I hope we don’t lose any of our Giant Sequoias. I realize they need fire to propagate their seedlings , But the steam on this column don’t look life creating. :frowning:
http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-TobiasPeak1&v=fd40740

2 Likes

@FireRx Looking at where the fire ran today, it was east of the Groves - I believe. The Cedar and Bear don’t have Giant Sequoias that I am aware of. SQF on their FB page stated that the fire that was on the ground in the Peyrone was low intensity. Red Hill has not seen activity - yet.
So, I think what we saw today was White Fir, Sugar Pine and brush burning towards Mule Peak etc.

7 Likes

Air freqs for TIA(sqf) Windy
Air Tactics 169.200
Air/Ground 167.9875, 166.6125
Rotor vic 119.075

Sorry been slammed at work and sort of off the grid here, would have got to these sooner.

7 Likes

Clear air over the fire. Fire being pushed back to the NE tonight. Looks like maybe into Windy Gap with the change in wind direction. Now, the Slate/Nelson compartment are an issue.

4 Likes