CA-TNF-Loyalton??

northeast not north each

1 Like

I think the pyrocumulus collapsed. From my vantage point, I experience 35-45mph winds for 30 minutes. I can’t tell if it’s still building or not- correct me if anyone else has a better view.

2 Likes

It’s from the pyrocumulus.
https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&z=4&im=18&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&opacity[0]=1&opacity[1]=0.5&hidden[0]=0&hidden[1]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&sec=conus&p[0]=cira_glm_l2_group_energy&p[1]=band_03&x=7711&y=3512

3 Likes

Cool site. I’ve never seen anything like that.

1 Like

CCD BLM Enroute to a lightning fire northeast of Bordertown…

2 Likes

They’re now saying 15000+ acres.

4 Likes

T3 OES from XSA getting punched out now…4806C

5 Likes

T-912 load and return…

20,000 Acres 5% Containment.

3 Likes

1 Like

Photo of today’s “tornado”

12 Likes

16 Likes

Ok yeah that’s a tornado

3 Likes

Are winds picking up? New evacuations for Bordertown and Copperfield…

1 Like

Looking at GOES 17 it looks like it is crossing into Nevada

And you can see 7 good size heat signatures in Nor Cal.

3 Likes

T1 OES from XSA getting punched out 4808A

3 Likes

T912 inbound from MCC

3 Likes

Got fam on a strike team up there reporting the DPH clone has alpha tags that are assignment names, DIV A, Medical, instead of their national name. “Medical” is CALCORD, with Tone 1 hard coded in it. Not to dog on the COML, but this fails even the basics. Resources from Utah and Nevada have no idea what to dial their radios to. Not enough IAP’s printed for massive influx of incoming strike teams because they’re afraid of digital so it’s a mess up there. Stay safe everyone.

6 Likes

Hi Nor Cal.

I agree, this fails the basics. The Comm plan needs some work and not having IAPs is not OK. Those items, coupled with the wide use of “radio” briefings, is a 19th Watch Out this year.

4 Likes

Does anyone have today’s com plan available to post? Intereesssted in the command freq and air freqs. Thanks…