CA-TNF-Plum??

https://www.alertwildfire.org/region/tahoe/?camera=Axis-SierraButtes1

1 Like

https://www.alertwildfire.org/region/tahoe/?camera=Axis-OregonPeak2

Grass Valley just dispatch AA-1 (helo) - from Truckee Airport

and/or

Mentioned “Ridge Road”

3 Likes

Grass Valley tankers inbound on their second load. C514 has been working it, T93 off Chico

Just east of Moores Flat area https://goo.gl/maps/iu9tqfGr3FWAjhgo6

WX PGE Road 108 - 77F 27RH S 4G11 (just NW of incident one ridge over)

3 Likes

Per Plum IC: Approx 10 acres, still moderate rate of spread

4 Likes

Signal Peak has it as well.

1 Like

KCRA Choper is over the fire

1 Like

Crossing Signal Peak and Oregon Peak cameras puts it in the area of Moores Flat Rd about 2-1/2 miles south of Alleghany. Lots of rough steep country in that area.

3 Likes

8.11.22 4:00pm Tahoe National Forest- Plum Wildfire
Location: Yuba River Ranger District- in the area of Lafayette Ridge
Initial Size Up: 3-5 acres, moderate rate of spread.
Tahoe National Forest Dispatch has dispatched aerial and ground firefighting resources. TNF Air Attack 17 is over fire coordinating aerial firefighting aircraft taking suppression action.
Air Tankers 88,89, TNF Helicopter 514 and cover Helicopter 3CH with Helitack crews engaged.
514 Tahoe Helitack is on-scene.
TNF Engines with Handcrews, Water Tenders are making access. Cooperator resources including dozer have been ordered and responding.

Tahoe is National Forest FB page

3 Likes

Looking at the Live Copter 3 feed, it looks like the fire is just below the road. I’ve circled the area in red in the following two maps. (sorry, my maps aren’t nearly as good as those of some of the tech wizards here, but they do show the location and terrain.) Hopefully they can keep it fro skunking down to the bottom of the canyon. If it gets lose in those drainages, there’s lots of room for it to run.

4 Likes

From Yuba Net: “Still holding at 10 acres, fully boxed in with retardant lines. Some single tree torching occurring. Very steep terrain, few opportunities for line construction. With the arrival of additional crews, they will start hand line.”

3 Likes

8.11.22 6:30pm Plum Fire Update
TNF Plum Incident Commander reports that aerial firefighting aircraft have dropped retardant around fire perimeter and fire is holding at 10 acres. Fire behavior includes creeping and isolated torching. Additional handcrews are arriving and will join in handline construction efforts.

4 Likes

Links to two FIRIS videos below. Fire was mapped at 11.65 acres at 19:29 hrs. Several spots fires visible in very steep terrain.

2 Likes

From TNF Facebook page:

8.12.22 8:30am TNF Plum Fire Update.
Minimal activity throughout the night, no reported growth.
All spot fires are in within retardant lines and have been addressed.

4 Likes

Good news. The aggressive IA sure did make a big difference with what could have been a problem wild fire.

8 Likes

I noticed a MD80 in the KCRA film. Go ugly early is what I think happened here although I was not listening to the fire at the time. It did not look like a MD80 sized fire, although they must have wanted to keep it that way.

I believe FS contract tankers are LAT’s so tankers ordered in IA will be as such.

3 Likes

Solid work good job.

2 Likes