CA-XPL-Preposition

The Type I OES strike team from XSA is being formed up for a pre-positioning assignment in Placer Co. for tomorrow. Orders are coming in, but it sounds like Gold Co. Fairgrounds in Auburn will be the staging area. With the basin under Red Flag all weekend, this is a good place for them to launch from if needed.

…at least its not Madeira or Prado Staging :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Completely agree, can’t count how many summer days I spent standing around Prado over the years, it started to become like a family reunion

1 Like

Thanks
Who is doing their logistics? OES? Been a topic with the proposed preposition who feeds them, sleeps them etc.

How many strike teams?

Only 1…As of now its a 12hr assignment, until the red flag expires, and they are self sufficient. They are essentially an additional resource for use by XPL if needed.

Reading through the OES Pre-Incident Preparedness doc, if in the OA, then they are treated like a IA resource. If outside the OA then it looks like it falls under the MMA/CFFA agreements.

Since this is so new to all of , we are all just trying to figure out the process, and I’m sure there will be growing pains…this might be the new norm in the future

1 Like

I spent a birthday at Prado and another year I spent the 4th of July there. What can I say?

Living in XPL I am glad to hear this. I live in Penryn RYN

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with Madera Staging. Just tell the guys which restaurant and hotel you prefer, and they’ll try and make it happen. At least that’s the way it worked when I was there. Not sure who’s doing the lunches now, but the ones from Sunnyside Deli were the best.

Out of an abundance of caution, XPL will be keeping the ST in the unit overnight and reevaluate the need in the AM. OES and XPL working in concert to take care of the crews for the night.

Will be first test of how their supported

They arranged lodging at William Jessup for the night…roof over your head, running water…cant be too bad

2 Likes

Copy thanks