CA-YNP-Washburn?

Off of Mariposa Grove Rd near the Washburn trail north of fish camp.

https://www.alertwildfire.org/region/sierra/?camera=Axis-Deadwood

2 Likes

Just the park ship h551 assigned for air craft.

3 Likes

It has a little steam

1 Like

Starting to pop up on satellite now.
https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&sec=full_disk&x=13730.0009765625&y=3527.000244140625&z=6&angle=0&im=60&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=170&motion=loop&maps[borders]=white&lat=0&p[0]=fire_temperature&opacity[0]=1&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&draw_color=FFD700&draw_width=6

3 Likes

Looks like 3rd spot on cameras

3 Likes

It looks like short range spotting at the head.

5 Likes

The mono wind event from January 2021 wreaked havoc up there, the Big Trees got a lot of Media attention when it happened if anyone remembers. I imagine any hand crew work would be almost impossible with the size and amount of fuels on the ground. Good time for Ol YNP Dozer to get the rust off the blade.

9 Likes

Roughly 45 miles as a crow flies from our house in Sonora. 2 hr to drive there!

5 Likes

Been a few years since its been on suppression indeed

3 Likes

Acreage update? Has this been mapped by any of our community mapping experts?

2 Likes

Intel aircraft mapped at 46 acres an hour ago.

6 Likes

Thanks 619.

1 Like

Are there any ground resources on this fire or is it just being monitored?

2 Likes

Per YNP 60-70

4 Likes

There’s units on scene. Kings River hotshots, SNF engine 32 plus park units.

6 Likes

This is just on the other side of the 41 from the Ferguson Fire correct? Initial report said in the area of Wawona. The Ferguson didn’t cross over the 41 until further down the highway toward Badger Pass.

2 Likes

Ferguson is top left.

6 Likes

Thank you. Makes more sense now.

1 Like

That’s thick country, If I remember right someone mentioned when I was in the railroad fire the area hadn’t had any fire history in like 50-60 years. Wonder if it’ll go big?

3 Likes

I looked at that but I am thinking and hoping like the graham fire a few weeks ago that the night will deal a blow

4 Likes