CA-YNP-Washburn?

He just had to say it :rofl:

3 Likes

USFS takes Emergency Action to Protect Sequoia Trees…wait and see how speedy.

SQF has been finding hot spots in the old Windy Burn this 3rd week of July. So far mopped up and in patrol status. There’s big tree groves there that might get some help in long term fire rehab.

3 Likes

I’m on the South Fork of the Merced today downstream fro the Swinging Bridge. There is a smoke column within the burn scar about a mile or two above the bridge. Anyone know if this is still in mop up?
I called Yosemite 911.

2 Likes

Small smoke or an actual collumn? 2 fires currently in YNP high country

The #RodgersFire put up a column yesterday… Probly that again

At one point small column then drifting around becoming small smoke. It is too close to the bridge(Camp Wawona) to be either of those fires.
Either way it’s gone now.

2 Likes

Interior smokes will be visible for months after the fire is contained.

7 Likes

Omgosh plus the dirt or ash devils all make me jump for a second too.

4 Likes

This was as it died down.

5 Likes

National park service has received my request and is reviewing it, slow as cold molasses like most things in government bureaucracy.

3 Likes

Nothing came of that request.

4 Likes

Typical!!!

3 Likes

I don’t think it would have brought much anyway because a number videos on Twitter show people being evacuated as the fire was coming up to the road from the trail while calfires aircraft were there initially.

4 Likes

What was the request?

2 Likes

It was for the radio traffic record from early on in the incident.

2 Likes

You can download the radio traffic on the CALFIRE side between air attack and Mariposa ECC on Broadcastify I believe Flightradar24 also has a file showing the aircraft orbiting until they were cancelled.

2 Likes

I downloaded a bunch of audio from broadcastify trying to find any ynp to calfire radio traffic early on in the fire.

3 Likes

Wait how do you do this and how far back can you go

1 Like

And unfortunately at the time of the fire YNP channels were not on Broadcastify my primary early on information came from AA on Sierra tactical which only had a few channels but the original report I heard during IA was “1 acre slow rate of spread being worked by helo 551”

2 Likes